Stantec Senior Electrical Engineer in Perth, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our established Perth Electrical team is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to come and join their supportive and growing team on a permanent basis. The role is suitable for an Engineer with vast experience working on building services projects. The successful applicant will work on a variety of projects including health, education, retail, office, high rise and industrial.
The successful applicant will be expected to manage large scale projects with minimal support and be able to work independently to deadlines, with an ability to work on several projects at different stages of completion. Execute project design, documentation and contract administration services including regular project reviews, liaison with Client and consultant team, liaison with authorities, reporting and site construction monitoring.
The role will enable the successful applicant to continue to develop in a professional and personal sense and to forge a challenging career path in a global successful consultancy.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Build and develop your professional profile both internally and externally by consistently demonstrating an ability to successfully deliver projects.
• Maintain an appropriate level of service to Clients.
• Undertake design tasks in accordance with relevant codes.
• Report and specification writing
• Cable sizing, light modelling
• Participate in meetings with clients and other consultants.
• Assist Project Engineers
• Site and building surveys
• Attend project meetings
• Be accurate, diligent and professional.
• Carry out site superintendence and contract administration duties
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures.
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Bachelor Degree Electrical Engineering
• Substantial experience in a building services consultancy
• Ability to independently undertake project and technical analyses, and report on results
• Comfortable in client facing role, dealing with clients in a professional and confident manner
• Support business development-related activities with new and existing clients
• Ability to prepare and deliver detailed tender submissions and presentations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Australian Standards
• Attention to detail
• Positive, can-do attitude.
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• The ability to use initiative and think outside the box
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part-time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Senior Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineering degree
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Electrical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-Western Australia Perth