Stantec Graduate Civil Engineer - Busselton in Perth, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
Your fulfilling long-term career with one of the top ten design firms in the world starts here.
Our Busselton Land Development team are seeking a graduate in Civil Engineering who is keen to begin their career in the consulting world.
The successful candidate will be able to apply their technical skills and demonstrate commitment in a way which ensures projects are thoroughly designed, personally reviewed and delivered on time. You will also demonstrate an interest and awareness of the commercial aspects of projects.
In this role you will not be constrained to the office. You will be trained in every aspect of Land Development from the beginning of planning through to detailed design and site supervision/contract management of multimillion dollar projects.
The successful candidate will be working in a highly respected team environment and will assist on multiple projects at any one time. You will be self-motivated, resourceful and a great communicator. The ability to communicate well with external stakeholders will be a key part of your evaluation in this application as you will deal directly with Clients, Contractors and Authorities.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Assist Senior and Project Engineers in completing projects in terms of program, profitability, technical risk management and overall Client satisfaction
• Specification and report writing.
• Site inspections.
• Attending project meetings.
• Liaising with contractors, external clients and authorities.
• Contribute to our company culture
What we offer:
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Professional Memberships
• Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Apply directly online. We require you to:
•\tSupply your transcript to date (you will need to include this in your resume attachment)
•\tInclude a cover letter outlining why you are applying and why we should shortlist you for interview.
•\tConfirm your specific visa status, if applicable.
•\tFor more information on our Graduate Program and
Graduate Civil Engineer - Busselton
To be eligible to apply you must:
•\tHave completed a Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent recognised by Engineers Australia
•\tBe eligible to work in Australia
•\tGraduated within the past 4 years
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent recognised by Engineers Australia
• Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and Codes
• Previous internship experience in a similar role would be useful
• Good communication skills
• Ability to multitask and deliver projects in a timely manner
• The ability to use initiative and think outside the box
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Engineering Other
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across seven continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Australia-Western Australia Perth