Stantec Civil Designer - Land Development in Perth, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our Perth Civil team is seeking a proactive Designer with experience in land development, and infrastructure design. Ideally with experience in either Civil 3D / Autodesk. We are happy to consider both Junior or Senior applicants.
You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from industry leaders, gaining exposure on a variety of project types. We are involved in a diverse range of projects including; residential and commercial land development, civil infrastructure, defence, water, transportation and mining.
The successful candidate will have a track record of focusing on client service. Being a multi discipline firm, strong communications skills are needed along with the ability to coordinate with other discipline personnel.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Technical drafting, design and documentation of projects under the instructions and guidance of a Senior Designer, designated Project Engineer or Engineer
• Develop CAD techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of producing drawings
• Recognise and resolve potential construction conflicts and difficulties identified during design.
• Engage with the Civil Section Leadership Group.
• Build and develop your professional profile both internally and externally by consistently demonstrating an ability to successfully deliver projects
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures.
• Contribute to our Company culture
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Vocation education in Civil Drafting or Design
• Civil 3D / Autodesk experience preferred
• Previous experience in a similar role highly desirable
• Land development experience would be highly regarded
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• Positive, can-do attitude.
• Attention to detail.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part-time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Civil Designer - Land Development
Vocation education in Civil Drafting or Design
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Design
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-Western Australia Perth