Stantec Senior Fire Protection Engineer in Melbourne, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our Melbourne Fire Protection team is currently looking for a Senior level Engineer with experience designing and managing projects within Fire Protection.
The successful candidate will be working on a variety of different projects including but not limited to Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, Defence, Education, Retail and Infrastructure.
The role will enable the successful applicant to develop in a professional and personal sense and forge a rewarding career path working on iconic projects with a global organisation.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Prepare multiple fire protection services documentation for development application, tendering and construction purposes
• Mentor Junior staff members
• Prepare drawings and calculations in support of design concepts
• Work closely and develop a trusted relationships with other project stake holders, notably architects, contractors, builders and end users to achieve efficient and cost-effective solutions with a high quality outcome
• Liaise with local authorities, clients and consultant team
• Provide input throughout the Construction phase by attending meetings and conducting site inspections
• Adhere to Stantec professional standards, ethics and quality procedures
• Contribute to the overall strategy and development of the Fire Protection team and to our company culture
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• 7-10 years local experience in Fire Protection
• Bachelor of Engineering Degree, Registered with Business Licencing Authority (BLA) and Chartered Engineer / NER
• Sound knowledge of Australian Building Codes and standards related to fire protection systems
• Wet Fire, Dry Fire and Gas Suppression System skills
• Liaison with Fire Authority and experience with Regulation 129 / 187 applications / submission
• High Level understanding of main Performance Solutions Fire Engineering Brief / Reports and liaison with Fire Safety Engineers
• Minimal supervision
• Excellent Time management / meeting timeframe skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven commercial acumen and the ability to build relationship at all levels
• Experience working with an engineering consultancy
• Attention to detail
• Positive, can-do attitude
• The ability to use initiative and think outside the box
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Senior Fire Protection Engineer
Bachelor of Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Engineering Other
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!