Stantec Project Accountant in Melbourne, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Stantec Australia is looking for a Project Accountant with relevant experience to join the Financial Services Functional Support team on a full time, ongoing basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to perform a critical business role which provides support to project managers across the Australian buildings business using the newly integrated Oracle accounting system.
You will be responsible for:
• Assisting the region to meet its key performance indicator targets regarding unbilled revenue, invoicing, debt collection and other financial indicators as required
• Assisting in the preparation of project invoicing on a regular basis and in an accurate and timely manner
• Assisting with the setup of projects in the financial system (Oracle)
• Assimilating the technical knowledge of and ability to use accounting software (job set-up/close outs, monthly financial reviews and adjustments, invoicing etc.) and be able to impart that knowledge to others
• Assisting project managers with contract administration as required on a project-by-project basis including an awareness of any financial accounting related clauses
• Assisting the management team with the rollout of new initiatives
To be successful in this role your will have:
• A great attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience in ERP systems
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to interact with a broad range of audiences in multiple countries
• Relevant work experience
• Understanding of internal controls or SOX principles, preferred but not essential. Otherwise an interest in learning
We are looking for a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills who has a thirst for learning and is ready to jump into an exciting new and challenging role.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!