At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Hydraulic Modeller to join our dynamic team and support on a project in Bahrain.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
• Assessment and updating of existing Hydraulic Models (wastewater networks)
• on-the-job training of Client’s engineers on DHI MIKE URBAN
• Support project manager/team leader by providing technical expertise to ensure that project outcomes in terms of profit, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and Stantec expectations.
• Hydraulic modelling using DHI MIKE URBAN
• Model build and validation
• Model calibration
• Optioneering and outline design of hydraulic solutions
• Preparation of technical reports / drawings
• Working with GIS
• Handling, managing and analysis of large data sets
• Carry out other duties from time to time as assigned by supervisor/management
Hydraulic Modeller (Gravity Systems) - Wastewater
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (mandatory), Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (preferable)
• 10-12 yrs experience in Hydraulic Modelling of Gravity Systems
• Expert in hydraulic modelling, model calibration, hydraulics of gravity and pressure networks, optioneering and outline design of hydraulic solutions
•Expert in hydraulic modelling with DHI MIKE URBAN (mandatory)
• Have excellent data manipulation abilities (MS Excel, MS Access)
• Good skills in GIS and CAD packages, i.e. QGIS, ArcGIS and AutoCAD
• Good level of client service management, i.e. able to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships with our clients
• Capable to analyze, assess, evaluate issues, complexities pertaining to projects / work packages and support the team lead in mitigating them in advance
• Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to personal professional development
Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and pro-active attitude to execution / delivery
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!