Stantec Project Engineer in Longbridge, United Kingdom
Stantec have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our team in Longbridge on a permanent basis.
Globally, Stantec sets the gold standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. Stantec has been selected by key Clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider. As a consequence we are now looking for the right people to join our team to help deliver these exciting opportunities.
This is a chance to join a dynamic and evolving team of in Longbridge providing support in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment projects working primarily with our key client Severn Trent Water.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and Stantec expectations.
• Self-motivating and able to work as part of a team.
• Initial technical input into projects – including technical assessment of initial options for engineering solutions with a view of determining whether there is a need for further orders for feasibility studies. This will include sourcing the required input data within STW, site visits to check existing assets and summarising the findings.
• Ability to understand Engineering drawings and query their contents. Civil Engineering particularly relevant, but appreciation of geotechnical and hydrogeological issues also helpful.
• Engaging with other STW / client departments regarding the projects – particularly, Asset Creation, Asset Management, Process Design Group, permitting, operations, Asset Management.
• Collating and reviewing internal STW / client data - particularly compiling tender data/works information
• Appreciation of CDM and H&S legislation sufficient to represent the client’s responsibilities on construction projects and site visits (formal CDM responsibilities remain with the Programme Manager).
• Ability to author technical documents and report to a high standard.
• Responding to Technical queries – either directly or managing the process of others responding.
• Assessing/Reviewing documentation received from Contractors and consultants on behalf of STW
• Liaison with other Consultants, Contractors, internal departments and EA
• Provide direction to project teams.
• Ability to work to deadlines and understand the level of detail required at the different parts of the project lifecycle.
• Working with framework contracts - Drafting service orders, works orders, compensation events
• Drafting business cases for internal STW approvals
• Reviewing quotes received and arranging for Purchase orders to be raised within STW
• Monitoring and adjusting cost plans
• Monitoring programme and updating all parties on interfaces when things change
• Utilising STW online systems – e.g. SAP
• Good commercial awareness and experience of writing and preparing contract documents.
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering or other relevant technical subject
Professionally qualified (Chartered Engineer or equivalent) and member of a relevant engineering or technical institution
Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the asset management and design of water / wastewater treatment systems.
Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects in the water industry
Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office
Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team and independently
Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team – both written and oral
Good client service focus
Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):