Stantec Lead Proposal Writer(s) in La Hulpe, Belgium
Stantec’s Belgium office is the seat of the International Division unit. We provide management support to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors. We combine the perfect mix of expertise in providing sustainable solutions to development challenges mainly in developing countries.
We are currently looking to collaborate with Lead Proposal Writer(s)
The Lead Proposal Writer is responsible for delivering high quality and persuasive proposals by analyzing and synthesizing knowledge gathered from readings, background research and interviews with key personnel. She/He is also responsible for drafting a full and comprehensive document following the proposal template and in response to the specific requirements of the tender specifications.
• Based on the template and guiding information provided by Stantec’s Business Development Manager, lead the drafting of high-quality proposals to be submitted to Stantec clients.
• Collect and review available information on the proposal’s target subject, e.g. business case, context, stakeholders, risks and assumptions, key points for successful implementation, lessons learned etc.
• Populate Stantec’s proposal template with accurate, relevant, and meaningful information for each section. Where necessary follow-up with any queries on information supplied.
• Ensure the proposal is well-structured, is technically sound, has logical reasoning and good flow throughout.
• Integrate comments and/or suggestions received from Stantec’s quality controllers or any other relevant reviewers into the proposal. Propose changes to text to improve readability and understanding.
• Work with the graphic designer to support and agree on the layout and presentation of the proposal (graphs, diagrams, pictures suggestion).
• Undertake final editing and proof reading of the proposal.
Lead Proposal Writer(s)
Applicants should as a minimum have the following qualifications and demonstrate the following skills:
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in communication, journalism, International Development, or any field relevant to Stantec’s sectors.
• Minimum of 5 years of general work experience, preferably in the field of international development or a relevant field.
• Proven experience in capturing and analyzing information with high attention to sources verification.
• Ability to understand new subjects, process detailed information and make it clear and easily accessible to a non-specialized audience.
• Proven experience in drafting and overseeing the preparation of documentation and articles for publication, reports, research papers or newspapers.
• Ability to undertake interviews with a range of interlocutors using a variety of platforms/channels (audio, video, in writing).
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Ability to lead and work as a team member; ability to interact with numerous stakeholders.
• Excellent knowledge of English: both spoken and written.
• Knowledge and experience of EC procedures (PRAG), as well as its programming approach, project cycle principles (PCM), terminology, methodology and visibility guidelines would be an asset.
Stantec’s Belgium office is also the hub of the Framework Contracts (FWC) activities managed in collaboration with the above-mentioned international institutions EC and EIB, as well as with the African Development Bank (AfDB), the French Development Agency (AFD) and with the Department for International Development (DFID -UK).
As of today, we are currently managing more than 15 different FWC (including FWC SIEA as Consortium leader) covering sectors such as environment, renewable energy and energy efficiency, climate change adaptation, water management, sustainable urban development, trade, private sector development and transports.
IMPORTANT Contract information:
• The successful applicant will be hired on a free-lance/consultancy basis, often at short notice and for periods from 5 days up to 2-3 weeks.
• The volume of work will depend on the industry(ies) of expertise of the applicant in relation to Stantec's pipeline of tender opportunities as well as the client requirements including type and length of proposal required.
If you are meeting the above requirements and are ready to work in a fast-growing department and in an international environment, please submit your detailed CV (in English only) in electronic format quoting StantecLPW/2021.
All applications should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe