Stantec Energy Expert in La Hulpe, Belgium
Stantec provides a full spectrum of sustainable energy and energy management services, bringing profit directly to its Client bottom line by providing a strategic suit of products that includes: definition of energy strategies, energy efficiency audits, market studies, viability analyses, use of renewable and distributed energy and green procurement.
Stantec major client groups include multinational industrial companies, governments, international funding, aid agencies (EU, EBRD, World Bank, EIB, USAID, the Kuwait Fund, DFID and the UN), and utility companies.
We have an established record of helping developing and emerging countries improve energy sector governance and transition to cleaner, less carbon-intensive, rules-based, and market-based energy systems. We also support the planning and design of a wide range of energy-efficient and clean-energy solutions, including solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, biogas and waste-to energy projects – contributing as well to investment mobilization and access to finance for such projects. Finally, we provide knowledge management, outreach, and communication services.
Stantec has assumed many leadership roles and provided a complete range of management services for energy projects. Among others, we support the European Commission managing two large technical assistance facilities for sustainable energy, one for West and Central Africa, the Sustainable Energy For All Technical Assistance Contract (SE4All) and one with a global reach, the EU Global Technical Assistance Facility for Sustainable Energy (TAF).
In the framework of SE4All and TAF implementation, Stantec is looking for senior and junior international experts in the following sectors:
• Renewable energy
• Energy efficiency
• Rural electrification
• Energy finance
• Energy policy and/or regulation
• Climate change
The right candidate will be part of an expert’s short list for short term missions in the region.
What we offer:
• A permanent contract based in La Hulpe (Belgium), with very good personal and professional development prospects.
• Opportunities to regularly update and enhance technical skills and qualifications and other professional competences, through: (i) support for the acquisition and implementation of very diverse projects; (ii) participation in training and other capacity building activities.
Applicants should as a minimum have the following qualifications and demonstrate the following skills:
• At least Bachelor’s degree in engineering, energy, economics, or related subjects.
• For senior position: a minimum of 7 years specific experience in one of the sectors mentioned above.
• For junior position: a minimum of 5 years specific experience in one of the sectors mentioned above.
• Relevant international experience with proven track record of successful assignments as expert on IFI’s funded projects (references of the assignments to be submitted with the application).
• Fluency in English and good knowledge in French.
The candidate should also be willing and available to carry out regular missions abroad.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe