Stantec Communication & Visibility Expert for EU funded opportunities in La Hulpe, Belgium
At Stantec, we believe that growing into a great consulting services company happens from the inside out. We are constantly looking for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess and demonstrate determination, team spirit and a drive to do the extraordinary.
Stantec’s Belgium office is the seat of the International Division unit. We provide management support to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors. We combine the perfect mix between the expertise of providing sustainable solutions to development challenges mainly in developing countries, and the knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficiency, as well as stakeholder’s engagement, including diplomacy, governance, and communication.
We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time Expert in Communication and Visibility to join our international and dynamic Belgian unit to support our growth and ambition in the sector of Communication, Visibility and Policy Outreach.
The Expert in Communication and Visibility is involved in designing strategic approaches and in securing project awards with our EU institutions clients (e.g. DG NEAR, DG INTPA, the Foreign Partnership Instrument and sectoral DGs). He/she is taking part in the creation of successful bids, considering the business environment, local markets, and the expectations and needs of the client and beneficiaries to win the tender. The job has also an important component of client engagement both as expert or as client manager.
• Identify and grow an existing portfolio of projects at various stages of maturity in the fields of communication, stakeholder’s engagement, including diplomacy and governance in the context of programs financed by international financial institutions such as the EC, EIB, etc. and bilateral donor organisations.
• Identify and investigate new business opportunities, capture, and analyse market information, and ensure everything is in place to render Stantec with the best chances of success.
• Contribute to project implementation in the form of “Direct” technical work, conducted in the capacity of short-term expert for communication projects managed by Stantec, with the aim of maintaining and further develop technical skills and other competences.
• Undertake quality control work, through the review of specific outputs produced by experts engaged in communication-related projects.
• Provide technical advisory work, involving the briefing of and/or provision of technical support to experts engaged in communication-related projects.
• As Communication and Visibility expert, contribute to Stantec’s representation in various events and outreach activities.
Indicatively, project implementation work will account for 65% of the Expert’s working time, and 35% for business development-related work.
What we offer:
• A permanent contract based in La Hulpe (Belgium), with very good personal and professional development prospects.
• Opportunities to regularly update and enhance technical skills and qualifications and other professional competences, through: (i) support for the acquisition and implementation of very diverse projects; (ii) participation in training and other capacity building activities.
Communication & Visibility Expert for EU funded opportunities
Applicants should as a minimum have the following qualifications and demonstrate the following skills:
• MSc or bachelor’s degree in a field related to communication preferred; we will accept work experience in communication in place of degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of international development and/or relevant fields, with proven track record of successful assignments as expert on IFI’s funded projects (references of the assignments to be submitted with the application).
• Experience in analysing Tender Dossiers and Expressions of Interest for opportunities from the EU or their equivalent from other donors/ IFIs.
• Knowledge and interest in the business, customer orientation and drive to contribute to business development.
• Able to source, process and analyse information with proven ability to support the preparation and delivery of high quality and persuasive proposals.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex project tasks.
• Ability to work under strict deadlines and be resilient.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including assertiveness).
• Excellent knowledge of English AND French (both spoken and written).
The candidate should also be willing and available to carry out regular missions abroad.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe