Stantec Communication & Visibility Expert for Energy Projects in La Hulpe, Belgium
Stantec provides a full spectrum of sustainable energy and energy management services, bringing profit directly to its Client bottom line by providing a strategic suit of products that includes: definition of energy strategies, energy efficiency audits, market studies, viability analyses, use of renewable and distributed energy and green procurement.
Stantec major client groups include multinational industrial companies, governments, international funding, aid agencies (EU, EBRD, World Bank, EIB, USAID, the Kuwait Fund, DFID and the UN), and utility companies.
We have an established record of helping developing and emerging countries improve energy sector governance and transition to cleaner, less carbon-intensive, rules-based, and market-based energy systems. We also support the planning and design of a wide range of energy-efficient and clean-energy solutions, including solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, biogas, and waste-to energy projects – contributing as well to investment mobilization and access to finance for such projects.
Stantec has assumed many leadership roles and provided a complete range of management services for energy projects. Among others, we support the European Commission managing two large technical assistance facilities for sustainable energy, one for West and Central Africa, the Sustainable Energy For All Technical Assistance Contract (SE4All) and one with a global reach, the EU Global Technical Assistance Facility for Sustainable Energy (TAF).
We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time Communication & Visibility expert to join our international and dynamic Belgian unit to support our growth and ambition in the sector of energy and be actively involved in the implementation of our SE4ALL and TAF contracts.
The Expert in Communication and Visibility will be involved in the implementation of the communication activities covered by the SE4All and TAF contracts. He/she will support the strengthening of the communication of the programs, as well as their knowledge management by ensuring a systematic collection and sharing of products. In addition, the expert will help to enhance the visibility of the contracts at national, regional, and international level.
• Design, implement and update as needed the communication and visibility strategy and related communication work plan of the contracts. Ensure regular monitoring and reviews, as necessary. Sub-activities may include, among others: support the Directorate-General for International Partnerships (DG INTPA) with the identification of core messages to underpin the communication and visibility of EU engagement on SE4LL and TAF contracts, perform target group and stakeholders’ analysis and identify key target audiences and stakeholders to engage with, etc.
• Ensure effective knowledge management of SE4All and TAF resources, including material developed in national, regional programs and at global level.
• Support knowledge creation, including: preparation of briefings, press releases, newsletters, statistics on the programs, annual or specific publications, flyers and posters, videos, technical studies, lesson learning reviews. Prepare technical papers, background documents and training materials for learning and policy events, workshop, training of trainer’s sessions related to areas of support.
• Ensure the development of the project’s website, as well as its effective and high-quality management.
• Ensure the effective management of the Capacity 4 development public and private group.
• Ensure use of conventional communication channels (events, press, TV and radio) as well as innovative social media technologies and platforms (which allow engaging directly with citizens in a user-friendly manner) in order to raise awareness on projects activities.
• Provide strategic communication support to EU Delegations and projects in the frame of trainings enhancing their capacities to deliver sound communication and visibility actions.
• Organise translation of documents in French, English, and other languages.
What we offer:
• A permanent contract based in La Hulpe (Belgium), with very good personal and professional development prospects.
• Opportunities to regularly update and enhance technical skills and qualifications and other professional competences, through: (i) support for the acquisition and implementation of very diverse projects; (ii) participation in training and other capacity building activities.
Communication & Visibility Expert for Energy Projects
Applicants should as a minimum have the following qualifications and demonstrate the following skills:
• University degree in a relevant discipline; Master’s degree will be a significant advantage.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in managing and organising communication activities for development projects.
• Knowledge of EU procedures as regards to communication & information activities through involvement in at least 1 EU funded project is a requirement.
• Experience of working with various stakeholders, notably Donors, Public Authorities, international companies, in a multi-cultural context.
• Understanding of the players and institutional context in the Energy sector - Prior experience with involved institutions (e.g. DG INTPA, EUDs, African Union and RECs) will be a significant advantage.
• Experience in advisory services for appropriate communication approach.
• Experience in preparing communication products and relevant material, i.e. newsletters, press releases, factsheets, etc.
• Familiarity with the latest Communication and Visibility Manual for EU External Action.
• Experience in editorial activities of a highly technical nature.
• Excellent working knowledge of English Professional experience; knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Good communication skills and demonstrated experience in facilitating dialogue and communication.
The candidate should also be willing and available to carry out regular missions abroad.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe