Stantec Business Development Manager in Energy (BDM) in La Hulpe, Belgium
At Stantec, we believe that growing towards a great consulting services company happens from the inside out. We are constantly looking for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess and demonstrate determination, team spirit and a drive to do the extraordinary.
Stantec’s Belgium office is the seat of the International Division unit. We provide management support to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors. We combine the perfect mix of expertise in providing sustainable solutions to development challenges mainly in EU partner and developing countries.
We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time Business Development Manager in Energy (BDM) to enhance our Business Development Team and to join our international and dynamic Belgian unit.
We are looking for more than a bid manager. We look for an experienced professional in Energy (RE and/or EE) with a good knowledge of the donor-funded market with a focus on the European Commission and able to contribute to the strategic positioning of the company. We seek a professional with visions and ideas to offer quality services and differentiate Stantec.
The Business Development Manager is also responsible for creating successful bids and overseeing the whole tendering process taking especially into account the business environment, the expectations and needs of the client and beneficiaries in order to win the tender.
More than just a coordinator, you will be an active contributor of the proposal content and will have a real ownership and autonomy in your work.
• Identify and investigate new business opportunities, capture and gather information, realize assessment studies in the Energy sector.
• Contribute to the strategic development of our expertise in the Energy sector with the European Commission.
• Follow-up a portfolio of projects at various stages of maturity in Stantec’s fields (energy, environment, within and outside the European Union, in the context of programs financed by international financial institutions such as EC, EIB, AfDB.
• Prepare tender proposals in Energy, responding to the cost and technical criteria’s, design the technical offers (including the identification and selection of the suitable experts) and anticipate budgets.
• Establish partnerships/consortium arrangements.
• Ensure Stantec’s full quality control process is carried out for all proposals and compliance is met (Stantec and client).
• Take ownership of the whole tendering cycle and coordinate the bid team in a collegial way to deliver attractive bids responding to the client’s needs and in line with Stantec’s Business Development process requirements.
In addition, the Business Development Manager will contribute to project implementation in the form of:
• “Direct” technical work, conducted in the capacity of short-term expert for technical assistance projects managed by Stantec, with the aim of maintaining and further develop his/her technical skills and other competences.
• Quality control work, through the review of specific outputs produced by Stantec’s experts engaged in various projects.
• Technical advisory work, involving the briefing of and/or provision of technical support to experts engaged in various projects.
Indicatively, business development-related work will account for 65% of the working time, and project implementation work 35% (excluding the time dedicated to training / capacity building).
What we offer:
• A permanent contract based in La Hulpe (Belgium), with very good development prospects, specialising in the implementation of sustainable development projects all over the world and in developing countries.
• Opportunities to regularly update and enhance technical skills and qualifications and other professional competences, through: (i) support for the acquisition and implementation of very diverse projects; (ii) participation in regular training and other capacity building activities.
Business Development Manager in Energy (BDM)
Applicants should as a minimum have the following qualifications and demonstrate the following skills:
• A university degree in energy engineering or any other relevant field to Stantec.
• A good understanding of EU external aid policies in the field of environment, climate or sustainable energy.
• Minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience in a similar role with proven track record of successful proposals (references of the awarded contracts to be submitted with the application). Also, at least 1 year experience with the private sector (industry, manufactory, etc.) will be considered as an asset in the Energy sector.
• Experience in analyzing Tender Dossiers and Expressions of Interest opportunities from the EU or their equivalent from other donors/ IFIs.
• Knowledge and interest for the business, customer orientation and drive to contribute to business development.
• Excellent and established contacts and networks with potential partners and experts in our target sectors.
• Able to source, process and analyse information with proven ability to deliver high quality and persuasive proposals.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex projects tasks.
• Ability to work under strict deadlines and be resilient.
• Ability to interact with numerous stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including assertiveness).
• Excellent knowledge of English, and a good working knowledge of French (both spoken and written).
The candidate should also be willing and available to occasionally carry out missions abroad, including in developing countries.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Business Development
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe