Stantec Business Development Manager (BDM) - Western Balkans in La Hulpe, Belgium
At Stantec, we believe that growing into a great consulting services company happens from the inside out. We are constantly looking for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess and demonstrate determination, team spirit and a drive to do the extraordinary.
Stantec’s Belgium office is the seat of the International Division unit. We provide management support to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors. We combine the perfect mix between technical expertise in such areas as renewable energy and energy efficiency, environmental management, and infrastructure investment and development, as well as skills linked to effecting change such as governance, communication and stakeholder engagement.
With a formidable track record in multi-country, globally- and regionally-focused opportunities, we feel it is time now to complement this success with a focus closer to home and one that extends our expertise to the European neighbourhood.
With this in mind we are looking to recruit a full-time Business Development Manager (BDM) - Western Balkans
to enhance our Business Development Team to support our long-term growth ambitions to build a portfolio of projects in the Western Balkans and establish a local presence in the market.
The role will first be based in our Belgian office, with ambitions to establish a regional office beyond that. The candidate should therefore be open to relocating to the region in the future.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for creating successful bids and overseeing the whole tendering process taking into account the business environment, local markets, and the expectations and needs of the client and beneficiaries in order to win the tender. He/she is involved in designing strategic approaches and in securing project awards with our EC/EIBclients.
• Identify and investigate new business opportunities, capture and analyse market information, strategies our approach and ensure everything is in place to render Stantec with the best chances of success.
• Identify and grow a portfolio of projects at various stages of maturity in the fields of Energy, Environment and Infrastructure within the Western Balkans, in the context of programmes financed by international financial institutions such as the EC, EIB, etc. and bilateral donor organisations.
• Prepare tender documents responding to the costs and technical criteria, design the technical offers (including the identification and selection of suitable experts) and anticipate budgets.
• Establish partnerships/consortium arrangements.
• Ensure Stantec’s full quality control process is carried out for all proposals and compliance is met (Stantec and client).
• Take ownership in the management of the whole tendering cycle and coordinate the bid team in a collegial way to deliver attractive bids responding to the client’s needs and in line with Stantec’s Business Development process requirements.
What we offer:
• A permanent contract based in La Hulpe (Belgium) initially, and if of interest later the possibility to move to the Western Balkans (country to be determined in line with Stantec strategy), with very good personal and professional development prospects, specialising in the implementation of EU enlargement projects within the Western Balkans.
• Opportunities to regularly update and enhance technical skills and qualifications and other professional competences, through: (i) support for the acquisition and implementation of very diverse projects; (ii) participation in training and other capacity building activities.
Business Development Manager (BDM) - Western Balkans
Applicants should as a minimum have the following qualifications and demonstrate the following skills:
• MSc or bachelor’s degree in a field related to Energy, Environmental Management or Infrastructure Development preferred;
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the field of international development or relevant field, with proven track record of successful proposals (references of the awarded contracts to be submitted with the application);
• Experience in analysing Tender Dossiers and Expressions of Interest for opportunities from the EU or their equivalent from other donors/ IFIs;
• Knowledge and interest in the business, customer orientation and drive to contribute to business development;
• Able to source, process and analyse information with proven ability to deliver high quality and persuasive proposals;
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex project tasks;
• Ability to work under strict deadlines and be resilient;
• Highest standard of integrity and compliance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including assertiveness);
• Excellent knowledge of English, and a good working knowledge of one or more local languages (both spoken and written).
• Applicants from the Western Balkans region would be highly encouraged to apply.
The candidate should also be willing and available to carry out regular missions to the region.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Business Development
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe