Stantec Accountant / Assistant Manager Finance (32-40 hours) in La Hulpe, Belgium
Stantec’s Belgium office, located in La Hulpe, is the driver behind our global International Development unit. This team provides management support and technical expertise to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors. Our success lies in bringing sustainable solutions to development challenges in developing communities, backed by our extensive knowledge in sustainable energy and climate change.
Reporting to our Finance Manager, you will be a team member in our local Finance team (4 team members) in our office in La Hulpe. You are responsible for various tasks related to Accounting and Finance support. In this position you will also act as a back-up for the Finance Manager.
Your responsibilities include:
• Month end close process: booking of Journal entries, preparation various reports
• Fixed Assets and Leased assets accounting (according to IFRS)
• Project administration and accounting: Interact with Project Assistants and Project Managers regarding vendor invoices and project audits
• Accounts Receivable, including raising of client invoices
• Credit and Collection: follow up on outstanding client invoices
• Vendor invoices: administration and registration, vendor payments
• Prepare reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
• VAT returns and reporting
• Administration company vehicles
• Payroll accounting, fiches fiscales (281.50), interact with HR
• Administration extra-legal insurance/benefit plan
• Time sheet administration
• ERP E1 system monitoring: vendor and client set up, data entry, various reporting
• Analyze and draft work procedures and initiate process improvements within the team and linked to Financial project administration
• Assist during internal and external audits
• Back-up Finance Manager
Accountant / Assistant Manager Finance (32-40 hours)
• Bachelor’s degree in Faculty of Business Administration or Economics
• Good command of English is required
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in a finance/accounting role within a service company
• Experience with Belgian accounting regulations and compliance requirements
• Proficiency in MS Office tools – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills, positive minded, team player
• Pro-active attitude, able to produce effective and systematic solutions.
If selected, you will be joining a growing team within one of the top 10 professional services and engineering firms in the world who are genuinely passionate about the work they do. We will support you to build a successful career a Stantec within our dynamic, cross border working environment. This position offers flexible work arrangements, along with an attractive remuneration package.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
If you are meeting the above requirements and ready to work in a fast-growing department and in an international environment, please submit your detailed CV (in English only) and motivation letter through our website https://www.stantec.com/en/careers
If you would like to know more about this position, please feel free to contact Ludo Ossenblok, Financial Controller, +32 2 634 3027 or by email: Ludo.Ossenblok@stantec.com.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe