Stantec Area Manager-Construction Mgmt Services (CMS) for Southern California in Irvine, Los Angeles, California
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking an experienced Area Manager to support construction management services (CMS) for the Orange County and the Los Angeles, CA metro areas.
The Area Manager will support business development, operations and administrative activities and take accountability for providing leadership, strategy and direction of construction management services work in Southern California.
The Area Manager will report to the California CMS Regional Director and jointly develop and support the Construction Management programs and projects within established and developed policies and procedures. The Area Manager will assess existing group and service offerings, make recommendations to affect significant promotion and growth and otherwise elevate MWH CM operations. Client contact and relationship development is critical to the success of this role.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with clients to develop relationships and win new work
• Work with the CA CMS Regional Director and Business Development Manager to develop strategic/positioning plans for entering new markets and/or for specific projects in the general Southern California Area
• Develop and maintain new project leads and opportunities and coordinate all marketing and business development activities with CA CMS Regional Director and Business Development Manager
• Manage financial aspects of the Southern California area construction management group to protect company's bottom line
• Prepare required documentation to present to appropriate operations manager and/or risk committee
• Collaborate with the corporate marketing/proposal group to develop marketing materials, proposals and prepare for interviews on all major pursuits and coordinate work with the CA CMS Regional Director and Business Development Manager
• Lead the development of local “desk top” project/program proposals whether unsolicited or responding to requests for qualifications or requests for proposals
• Communicate with and foster collaborative relationships with other MWH operating units aimed at assuring successful delivery of construction management services to clients and the overall success of CM group
• Successfully manage multiple large complex initiatives and/or projects simultaneously
• Lead complex teams through challenging project assignments and complex client environments
• Recruit and lead the Southern California area construction management staff to work collaboratively with construction general contractors to generate successful construction methodologies, systems, procedures that lead to optimal outcomes in time, cost and quality of built work
• Accountable for assuring projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives within company profit model; work with CA CMS Regional Director to establish and implement a training program in support of all construction management and inspection staff levels
• Recruit, develop and supervise the work of Senior Construction Managers/Resident Engineers/Inspectors and support staff
• Assist CM group in establishing and implementing program/project construction management objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy
• Work in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by implementing company health and safety guidelines, practices and policies
• Consistently and successfully deploy solutions for key issues as assigned
• Consistently adhere to and enforce internal company processes and policies such as business, safety and contracting rules
If former Military, the following MOS codes my be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21,51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
Area Manager-Construction Mgmt Services (CMS) for Southern California
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil, mechanical or electrical), construction management, architectural or equivalent degree required
• CCM or PMP required, however if a PE, then consideration will be given to candidates willing to gain CCM or PMP within twelve months.
• Skilled in client services and building winning teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong belief in customer service
• Able to handle confidential and time-sensitive information with discretion
• Experience/knowledge of proposal/RFP process required
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and flexibility in an environment of tight deadlines, unexpected changes and frequent interruptions
• Self-motivated; able to take the initiative, anticipate needs, work independently and carry projects through to completion with minimal guidance/direction
• Proficient using project control systems, problem solving, claims avoidance, cost control, and quality systems
• Able to handle multiple tasks and projects at once; strong organizational skills; attentive to details
• Project management skills required
• Familiarity with Profit/Loss statements
Business Development, Construction, Project Management
• 12+ years of experience in program/construction management, with large scale municipal water/wastewater projects at or above $50M in construction value, strongly preferred
• Direct owner representative experience and management involvement in municipal programs/projects in Southern California, with experience on plants or projects at or above $50M in construction value, strongly preferred
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH Constructors leads the Stantec Construction Group comprising MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-Los Angeles
Irvine, Los Angeles