Stantec Senior Mechanical Engineer (Scottish Water) in Inverness, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their engineering team with a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our ESD joint venture framework. Based at our Inverness office you will ensure that cost effective, design quality, technically compliant and buildable solutions are designed, approved and handed over to the construction teams in line with programme expectations.
ESD is a joint venture between Stantec Treatment, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water’s Non Infrastructure Programme.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Ensure designs are completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
• Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible
• Agree the design cost budget and monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
• Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
• Delivering the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
• Coordinating design outputs across all technical disciplines
• Preparing monthly project status reports
• Raising and resolution of technical queries
• Establish working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Scottish Water)
• Several year’s experience in multidisciplinary process plant schemes, ideally with Scottish Water projects
• Ability to direct, supervise and coach junior staff. Always seeking improvement in design and delivery performance
• Degree or equivalent qualification
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline as appropriate to grade
Project Planning and Controls
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):