Stantec Field Engineer/Quality Inspector in Hillsboro, Oregon
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking a Field Engineer/Quality Inspector to support a large wastewater project for a high profile client in Hillsboro, OR.
With guidance from the Quality Assurance Manager, this Field Engineer/Quality Inspector will be primarily responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Assurance Program. It is the goal of the Quality Assurance program to construct all work in accordance with the quality requirements of the contract drawings and specifications. Benefits of the program include minimizing the cost of work by reducing the need for remedial work and expediting client acceptance of completed work. The Quality Inspector is instrumental in assuring that the ongoing work in the field is in compliance with the requirements of the contract and the expectations of the client.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in taking on challenging and diverse tasks associated with the water and wastewater treatment sector. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity that can advance career growth opportunities within our growing company.
• As required by the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), perform activities such as confirming quality control compliance, notification to management of quality problems, etc.
• Successfully apply technical engineering planning and design skills to assigned projects.
• Interact professionally with client and project team members.
• Effectively deal with and resolve project tasks and issues.
• Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
• Effectively work with project team members and support staff.
• Organize, draft, compile and coordinate production of assigned project documentation and reports.
• Support the analysis of design data, data evaluation, preparing design drawings and specifications, and solving process design problems as required.
• Conduct work in a safe manner and follow company work practices.
Field Engineer/Quality Inspector
• 0-2 years of relevant experience with 4 year college degree. If no degree, 2-4 years of relevant quality experience required.
• Minimum 2 years procurement support experience; working knowledge of general office procedures and proficient in Microsoft Office and utilizing project specific programs will be necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Good organizational skills.
Construction, Quality Control
• A two year business, technical degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or other related field is preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Prior internship experience working in a water and/or wastewater treatment consulting capacity is a plus.
• OSHA-10, -30, and any other construction-related certifications and licenses.
any other construction-related certifications and licenses.
- Experience as Mechanical Supervisor Mechanical Piping Systems and Equipment Installations
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH Constructors leads the Stantec Construction Group comprising MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Oregon - Hillsboro