Stantec Emergency Work Project Manager/Superintendent in Hillsboro, Oregon
The Stantec Construction Group is seeking an experienced Emergency Work Project Manager/Superintendent to support industrial and vertical construction project work in North America. The role will be onsite in Hillsboro, OR supporting Commercial Tenant Improvement projects for a large national semiconductor firm.
This role will require being on call 24 hours a day for emergency work. Please only apply if this is a responsibility you are willing to take-on.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
• Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
• Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
• General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The Emergency Work Project Manager/Superintendent is responsible for supporting multiple small to medium sized commercial and industrial construction and maintenance projects from project kickoff throughout final punch-list closeout. The role will support various teams, including the scheduling and oversight of subcontractors. The Emergency Work Project Manager/Superintendent will be responsible for developing and maintaining productive and trusted relationships with the client and related stakeholders.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of STG personnel and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Coordinate assigned work with work of different construction professionals, company departments, or other contractors. Oversee the performance and training of project teams and subcontractors. Maintain subcontractor relationships.
• Manage multiple small to medium sized commercial construction projects simultaneously.
• Help develop, maintain and enforce a CPM (Critical Path Method) schedule, ensure that all project objectives and milestones are met.
• Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor construction compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Assist with project pursuits in evaluation of construction scope(s), assessing appropriate manpower and work sequencing.
• Prepare daily activity plans to assure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place to ensure that the following days’ work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
• Ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Support close-out process.
• Provide timely updates to Project Team and Stakeholders.
• Perform additional assignments per Project Manager's direction.
Emergency Work Project Manager/Superintendent
• At least 6 years of experience supporting commercial construction projects as a Superintendent with a General Contractor.
• Willingness and ability to be on-call 24 hours per day for emergency support.
• Proficient in Prolog software.
• Ability to implement and manage a project schedule, experience with the critical path method (CPM) would be a plus.
• Possess working knowledge and experience with small to medium sized tenant improvement projects and shall have the ability to evaluate and compare alternatives for a variety of construction activities as related commercial tenant improvement projects.
• Ability and desire to train and mentor subordinate field staff.
• Safety oriented.
• Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling experience.
• Leadership – able to lead a diverse, multi-faceted project team to achieve project goals. Relationship builder including ability to interface with the client and other key stakeholders.
• Motivator – able to drive the project.
• Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with labor and subcontractors.
• Problem-solver – ability to anticipate problems and institute corrective measures when necessary.
• Quality driven – outstanding track record in completing projects on time and under budget.
• Communication – Ability to effectively communicate with Stakeholders and project team.
• Excellent record keeping skills.
Construction, Facilities, Project Management
The Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
The Stantec Construction Group offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
The Stantec Construction Group is comprised of MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Oregon - Hillsboro