Stantec Commissioning & Startup Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking a Commissioning & Startup Engineer in Hillsboro, OR.
MWH Constructors are looking to strengthen their Commissioning Team with the addition of a Commissioning & Startup Engineer. This position will assist in the commissioning and startup of an industrial wastewater treatment plant and future municipal projects. This position will be site based, however future projects may require relocation or significant travel. As part of the Commissioning and Startup team you will be providing commissioning services to allow the company to minimize risks and maximize profits on turnkey and engineering services contracts.
You will report directly to the Commissioning Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
• Assist in the development and execution of commissioning and startup plans.
• Assist in the development of written procedures for testing, cleaning and initial startup of major plant equipment and systems.
• Assist with client/vendor/subcontractor coordination for the startup of completed systems. Provide training program and materials for process plant equipment
• Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
• Assist in resource planning at project level.
• Assist with documentation of the commissioning process, including commissioning data and as built documentation, input to O&Ms and feedback to the design disciplines.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Recognize the importance of satisfying the customer as the key to achieving other objectives.
• Participate in the acquisition and storing of business and technical knowledge, and the use of those stored intellectual assets.
• Maintain Health and Safety levels during the commissioning activities.
• Recognize that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks, and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
• Report safety issues responsibly, and participate in improving practice.
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
• To continue to develop personally and technically.
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and MWH Treatment as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
Commissioning & Startup Engineer
• Experience in the water/wastewater industry (or) applicable industrial construction responsibilities.
• Preference will be given to candidates with operations and maintenance and/or commissioning and startup background.
• Familiar with asset management programs (i.e Maximo) for vertical assets
• Proficient in interpreting and understand technical manuals, drawings, blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
• Understanding of methods and techniques of maintaining and repairing wastewater plant equipment, machinery and related facilities
• Experience with operations and maintenance programs at water or wastewater facilities
• Understanding of occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
• Proficient with Adobe and Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proficient with use of SharePoint document management
Facilities, Field Work, Operations and Maintenance
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology, Business Administration, Science, or other similar field of study.
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH Constructors leads the Stantec Construction Group comprising MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH Constructors, now part of Stantec, is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
MWH Constructors and Slayden Constructors appreciate the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to MWHC or Slaydern and/or any MWH or Slayden employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with MWHC or Slayden will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, MWHC or Slayden is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email Alicia.Slader@mwhglobal.com.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Oregon - Hillsboro