Stantec Archaeologist in High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Stantec UK is looking for an Archaeologist to join their Environmental team, with the main focus being work for water companies in the south with potential to support a variety of non-water clients throughout the UK.
The salary is between £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
Location: High Wycombe or Reading
Roles and Responsibilities:
• You will produce archaeology and heritage screening assessments, and be able to undertake regulator and stakeholder consultation with minimal supervision.
• You will support in the procurement of archaeological sub contractors and in the delivery of archaeological monitoring on our construction sites
• You may be required to do ad hoc archaeological watching briefs for smaller excavations
• You may also have the opportunity to mentor and develop a graduate or help grow the team should the workload require it.
• Be pro-active in liaising with Thames Water’s senior archaeologist and providing technical support for the environmental team and town planners.
Skills and Requirements:
• Degree qualified in a heritage related subject
• Sound knowledge of British archaeology and the UK's national planning policy framework
• Ability to use GIS would be advantageous
• Pragmatic and a problem solver
• Manage the pressure of multiple demands on your time
• Ability to develop good relationships with clients, stakeholders, statutory consultees, contractors and colleagues
• Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team
• It is expected that the candidate would be a Chartered Archaeologist, or working toward chartered status
• Experience in writing several or all of the following types of reports is essential: Environmental Impact Assessments: Heritage Impact Assessment; Archaeological Desk-based Assessments; Scheduled Monument Consents; Listed Building Consents; and fieldwork design briefs.
• Knowledge of historic building condition assessments would be advantageous
• A full UK driving licence is required
• Must be willing to travel throughout the UK although southern England will be the focus for the role
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and commercial awareness
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
UK-Berkshire-Reading, UK-Buckinghamshire-High Wycombe