Stantec Transportation Leader - Hawke's Bay & Palmerston North in Hastings, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Primary Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of this role is to lead our Hawkes Bay and Palmerston North Transportation business. As a business leader you will be responsible for the performance of the Hastings and Palmerston North teams and the success of the local business. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work on local and national projects. You will be given the required support and mentoring to develop your own capabilities and you will work closely with the Operations Manager and General Manager to identify new opportunities and grow the business. You will:
• Build a strong and inclusive team culture
• Coach and develop your team to reach their full potential
• Grow the transportation business (both public and private sector) across the Hawkes’ Bay/Manawatu regions
• Build strong and enduring relationships with existing and new clients to strengthen Stantec’s presence in the local market.
• Work closely with our key partners across the Hawkes’ Bay/Manawatu regions.
• Provide technical and commercial leadership to the Hawkes Bay/Palmerston North transportation teams.
• Provide Technical Leadership for Roading and Transportation Projects.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to members of the local team to ensure project performance and career development opportunities for individuals.
• Undertake the role of client service manager for key clients in the Hawkes’ Bay/Manawatu area with and active and concentrated focus on Waka Kotahi /NZ Transport Agency, Local Authorities and Private Development partners alongside other transportation leaders and Client Service Managers.
• Liaise continually with our clients to ensure that their expectations are met and that any concerns are heard and addressed appropriately.
• Clearly understand the strategic objectives of new and existing clients in order to undertake effective business development and identification of opportunities for Stantec.
• Plan and deliver projects effectively by coordinating resources and motivating team members to achieve the best leverage of individual skills and strengths.
• Provide advice, solutions and project outcomes that create value for clients.
• Produce quality project outputs, ensuring scope changes are closely monitored and design work is adequately resourced, reviewed and programmed.
• Generate positive client feedback to enable repeat work and associated growth of the local business.
• Complete work in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
or Business Management.
Transportation Leader - Hawke's Bay & Palmerston North
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering, Technology
o Approximately 10 years’ relevant experience
o Chartered Professional Engineer (or equivalent).
o Proven capabilities in the generation of revenue and maintaining strong client relationships.
o Skilled at leading teams and developing talent whilst embedding a strong and inclusive team culture
o High level of technical skills and experience in transportation and related disciplines.
o Proven skills and experience in developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Willingness and ability to be a part of a unified and effective team.
o Willingness and ability to travel and be away from home for short periods.
o Willingness and ability to work extended hours from time to time, if needed to meet job demands.
Knowledge & Skills
Client Service Management
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
New Zealand-Hastings, New Zealand-Palmerston North
Hawkes Bay, Manawatu
Hastings, Palmerston North