Stantec Structural Engineer – Palmerston North/Hastings/Gisborne in Hastings, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Due to ongoing successful tenders for a variety of projects, we require a structural engineer with infrastructure design and bridge inspection skills.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Detailed designs and calculations across a variety of transport and infrastructure projects
• Report writing
• Using your design capability, bridge inspection and forward work planning skills
• Carrying out Structural assessments, inspections and risk assessment and asset management plans
• Construction supervision
• Working closely with project teams and project manager to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery
• Opportunity to work nationally
Structural Engineer – Palmerston North/Hastings/Gisborne
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
To be a BEng qualified engineer with 4+ years professional experience in the consulting industry. You’ll have experience in transport infrastructure projects, ideally including bridge designs Some HPMV and seismic screening assessment skills are desirable. Your well-developed interpersonal skills will see you develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Structural Engineering
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
New Zealand-Hastings, New Zealand-Palmerston North
Hawkes Bay, Manawatu
Hastings, Palmerston North