Stantec Transportation Design Lead, Hawkes' Bay in Hastings, New Zealand
• Lead Geometric and Transportation Design Delivery
• Deliver innovative roading and infrastructure designs
• Contribute to the success of our clients and our working partners
• Working with a successful and passionate team of transportation professionals
• Join a hard working but social team of collaborative professionals
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We are designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Due to substantial project and client growth across the East Coast area and nationally, Stantec Hawke’s Bay are looking for an experienced geometric designer to lead the delivery of roading and infrastructure projects across Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne regions and nationwide. Based in our Napier office, we need your expertise on implementing innovative designs, systems and processes, whilst advancing your own technical knowledge and the development of the transportation design staff across our East Coast based offices.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Undertake the role of lead designer, applying technical expertise in roading and infrastructure design, 12D and AutoCAD.
• Undertake a range of road and infrastructure design responsibilities to produce excellent outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provide technical direction to team members in best practise and design software use.
• Provide advice, solutions and project outcomes that create value for clients and provide Stantec with a differentiator in the market.
• Plan, program and coordinate projects, investigations, design and construction management projects, as Project Technical Lead, to deliver the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to quality standards.
• Develop strong working relationships with clients by delivering valuable business solutions and understanding the client’s business.
• Liaise continually with the client to ensure that their requirements are met and that any concerns are heard and addressed for the future.
• Develop new client relationships to help expand Stantec’s market share.
Transportation Design Lead, Hawkes' Bay
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Tertiary qualification in relevant engineering field
• 10+ years’ experience in an engineering consultancy
• Committed to attaining professional registration and ongoing upskilling
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams in a professional services or project delivery environment
• Passionate about delivering excellent outputs within a team environment
Civil Engineering, Design
What we offer
Along with an excellent salary package, we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Proactive wellbeing and diversity initiatives
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Leadership training, Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Margaret McMeel on +64 9 580 4502 or mobile +64 275 442 930.
Applications close on Tuesday, 9 February 2021.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.