Stantec Principal Civil Engineer (Hamilton) in Hamilton, New Zealand
Your opportunity to join Stantec’s winning team.
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Our specialist Civil, Environmental and science team provides vital support to projects across the Water Infrastructure sector and have been very successful in winning work through repeat and new clients. We are looking for a delivery lead to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects and working collaboratively with our clients and colleagues in other offices. You will have a chance to work on projects from the initial investigation right through to design and completion of construction.
Our preferred candidate for this role will have proven technical experience in water engineering projects encompassing water & wastewater projects. (You will have the technical support of our extensive design resources based in New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific area). You will be experienced dealing with a range of clients and stakeholders including local authorities, government bodies and commercial companies.
Your own self-management skills will be as important as your technical and project delivery ones. You will need to be able to prioritise workloads whilst maintaining strong and trusting working relationships with our clients' and colleague's both locally and across the broader Stantec business.
You’ll be a confident communicator with an engineering tertiary qualification with 10 or more years’ experience, who is able to develop strong internal and external client relationships, carry out all aspects of project delivery and oversight of technical delivery, including client and stakeholder consultation and negotiation when required.
Key aspects of the roll will be:
• Project Technical Lead on a variety of projects to ensure the team delivers on Project agreed outputs on budget, on time and to quality standards.
• Working closely with key clients, understanding their needs and problems they face, able to get in front of projects and influence outcomes for successful team outcomes.
• Work with team members to ensure their technical development is ongoing.
• Provide advice, solutions and project outcomes that create value for clients.
• Liaise continually with our clients to ensure that their expectations are met and that any concerns are heard and addressed appropriately.
• Clearly understand the objectives of new and existing clients in order to undertake effective business development and identification of opportunities for Stantec.
• Produce quality project outputs, ensuring scope changes are closely monitored and design work is adequately resourced, reviewed and programmed.
• Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
• Prepare cost estimates for project design and construction.
• Contribute to proposal and bid development to support business development activities, including preparing proposal material as required
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment..
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Please apply directly online
Principal Civil Engineer (Hamilton)
Engineering tertiary qualification
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!