Stantec Pavement/Senior Pavement Engineers in Hamilton, Hastings, Palmerston North, New Zealand
We’re looking for a Pavement Engineer (5+years) and a Senior Pavement Engineer (approx. 10 years) to service our current and growing workloads.
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a proven track record of pavement design and engineering who can drive continuous improvement in a highly visible role.
We are on the lookout for a talented individual with a genuine desire to help us achieve our purpose - to design with communities in mind. We require a professionally qualified Pavement Engineer with a desire to utilise their engineering skill and expertise. Experience in airport and heavy-duty pavement design would be advantageous.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Providing technical advice and support on pavement designs and annual resurfacing and rehabilitation programs
• Developing design and maintenance management practices for pavements and road surfaces
• Determining client requirements, including presentation of pavement options
• Developing and mentoring junior staff to enable effective succession planning
• Conducting and managing site surveys and investigations
• Developing and managing quality assurance systems during construction
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Applications close on Friday 26 November 2021
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
Pavement/Senior Pavement Engineers
A BE Civil or similar qualification and be a member of the relevant professional institute of engineers with 5+ years or 10 years + professional experience. You’ll have a detailed understanding of a commercial consulting environment as well as a high level of technical competency in the fields of Pavement and Road Surfacing Asset Management and Pavement and Surfacing design.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
New Zealand-Hamilton, New Zealand-Hastings, New Zealand-Palmerston North
Hawkes Bay, Manawatu, Waikato
Hamilton, Hastings, Palmerston North