Stantec Marketing and Proposal Specialist – Water Sector in Dubai,
An opportunity is available within the Proposals Management Function for MWH Middle East. The selected candidate will undertake a full time position to support the MWH Middle East Marketing and Communications Manager in growing the capability and capacity of this function to provide a better service to the Middle East Management and Client Service Manager Team.
In this role you will be focused on proposals for the water sector, primarily and other sectors as required.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing proposals, SOQs, and presentations; and on occasion, you may also oversee deliverables or other marketing projects. In this position, you will be assigned to perform different roles, depending on the proposal needs. From proposal manager of large proposals to section manager to editing, this position requires exceptional organization and project management skills as well as applying strategy within sales documents. Proposals will range from 25 to 350+ pages and project values from $5 million to over $20 million. Specific duties are outlined below:
• Proposal Manager: You will be responsible for managing proposals, SOQs, and presentations; and on occasion, you may also oversee deliverables or other marketing projects. The nature of submittals will vary from SOQs and qualifications-based documents, to multiple volume proposals containing qualifications, technical approaches, and cost/schedule information. In managing the projects, you will guide the proposal team which can include other marketing personnel, graphics/design personnel, technical and nontechnical writers, and outside consultants. In this role, you will assess and oversee the budget, schedule, resources/staffing, content development, and milestone deadlines/review meetings to successfully deliver the project. If it is a proposal/SOQ, you will also ensure compliance to the RFP/RFQ requirements.
• Proposal Writing/Editing – facilitate the refinement of the written strategy/sales points; research qualifications and proofs (subject matter experts, databases, and past documents); write persuasive and compelling proposal sections text tailored to RFP requirements; edit firm and staff qualifications to meet the project scope and strategy; edit technical writing; and collaborate with graphic designers to illustrate major text points. When assigned a writing role, you will be responsible for delivering quality writing that is compelling, on point with the strategy, and compliant with the RFP. Your research will include a variety of internal databases (including resumes, project descriptions and boilerplate text) and external data sources; you will help archive/store information to maintain the accuracy and effectiveness of select databases.
Marketing and Proposal Specialist – Water Sector
Bachelor’s Degree required in journalism/communications, English, business marketing or applicable technical/scientific discipline related to MWH's core business.
Previous experience in a similar role marketing for the water sector.
5-7 years of proposal management experience, preferably in the A/E/C industry. (environmental remediation, civil engineering/consulting, and construction related to these fields).
Proficient in MS Office Suite and Adobe for editing and formatting
The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives.
Strong team working capabilities. Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to COMPANY’s policies, procedures and working practices.
A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work if required.
Business Development, Business Support, Consulting, Contracts Procurement, Design, Drafting, Marketing Communication PR, Technical Writing
• Has full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments
• Plans and develops projects with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs
• Work involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation and development of new concepts
• Liaison to groups within and outside of his/her organization with responsibility to act independently regarding matters pertaining to his/her function
• Assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations
• College/university graduate with 8+ years relevant experience
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Qatar, United Arab Emirates