Stantec Project Manager (Scottish Water) in Glasgow, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their delivery team with a Project Manager for our ESD joint venture framework. Based at our Stepps office you will lead an integrated design and build project team in the design, procurement construction and commissioning of a range of water and wastewater projects.
ESD is a joint venture between Stantec Treatment, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water’s Non Infrastructure Programme.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Ensure that your assigned projects are completed in the most efficient manner to the specification, within the time required and within the tender estimate without risk to the health and safety of all concerned while ensuring good customer satisfaction
• Promote exceptional safety and delivery quality standards to direct and subcontracted work force
• Maintain the parent companies and ESDs reputation on a project by ensuring good relationships are maintained with joint venture partners and suppliers.
• Ensuring, in conjunction with the design manager, that an adequate technical, safety and environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful delivery
• Ensuring that appropriately detailed construction plans and method statements are prepared, in place and approved prior to commencement of activities
• Ensuring that all site non-conformities are reported and approximate costs identified
• Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates
• Maintain an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering water and waste water design and build projects.
Project Manager (Scottish Water)
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction health and safety
• Minimum HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in a construction or engineering related discipline
• Experience in multidisciplinary engineering environment in the water industry
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
• Relevant CSCS card
• Previous Scottish water experience
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline
• Knowledge and experience of Off-Site construction techniques
Project Planning and Controls
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):