Stantec Construction Pipefitter in Frisco, Texas
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Pipefitter.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
• Order proper pipes and other materials.
• Select proper pipes, hangers, and other hydraulic cylinders.
• Assemble materials at job site.
• Select type and size of pipe.
• Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
• Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper sizes.
• Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe section.
• Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
• Secure pipes to radiators or tanks.
• Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
• Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
• Dip nonferrous piping material in molten tin and lead to prevent erosion, or galvanic and electrolytic action.
• Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
• Repair cracks and leaks.
If interested, please Apply Online
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation must be provided at time of application.
• Experience with flanged pipe and fittings.
• Previous work includes PVC and copper pipe.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application, and is physically fit to perform the work.
• Required to communicate information, ideas, directions with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
• Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and with utmost regard for safety.
Construction, Field Work, Operations and Maintenance
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH Constructors leads the Stantec Construction Group comprising MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):