Stantec Technical Director - Water Resources in Flexible, Reading, United Kingdom
Stantec UK currently has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Director - Water Resources to join our team in Shrewsbury or Reading, on a permanent basis.
Primary Purpose of Role:
Lead the strategy and project delivery within the Resources ‘workstream’ of the Water group
We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Technical Director to develop and grow our UK water resources service offering.
Stantec is a leading global development and infrastructure consultancy. We provide trusted advice to create value from land and buildings owned or operate by our clients. Together, we create better places for the communities in which we work.
Stantec offers significant opportunity for career progression and personal development and our people are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is our key aim.
The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of water resources and hydrogeological consultancy projects for both water company and non-water company clients.
• The successful candidate will form a key part within the national team and will play an integral role in developing and implementing a strategy to grow the water resource consultancy services and revenue in the UK.
• Support junior and senior staff members in the successful delivery of a diverse range of projects from initial bid to issue of reports.
• Utilise your current skills and experience in assisting with developing and maintaining strong technical delivery, including continuous improvement to our procedures, mentoring junior staff and ensuring our projects are run to meet our individual client needs.
• Ensuring established Project Management procedures are complied with and the high-quality standards of ESI are maintained.
• Establishing new Key Clients and maintaining client relationships through an active Key Account Management programme.
• Winning sufficient business to maintain the current and expanding Water Resources technical team.
• Industry engagement through paper presentation at conferences, leadership articles in the media, and contribution to industry and professional bodies.
Technical Director - Water Resources
To be successful in this role, you must have;
• Have an excellent attitude to team work and a strong desire to learn and develop your career in a structured environment.
• Significant experience working in the UK Water Industry, either via consultancy or directly for a water company.
• A relevant degree course (BSc) and ideally a related Masters in Hydrogeology or Water Resources.
• A good technical understanding of hydrogeology.
•A desire to develop and implement a strategy to grow the Water Resources team
•An established network of contacts across the UK water industry.
•Chartership or working towards achieving chartered status (in the next 12 months) with a relevant institution (CGeol or CIWEM).
• A current driving licence, be able to travel and stay away from home.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Business Management, Consulting, Design, Hydrogeology
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that designing a great career is as important as designing with communities in mind .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):