Stantec Town & Country Planner (Anglian Water) in Flexible, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their planning team with a Town and Country Planner for our @one Alliance framework. Based at our Peterborough office you will pro-actively engage with the delivery teams to optimise design to help facilitate the planning; you will need to prepare the enabling/planning strategies in line with regulatory requirements.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
You will report directly to the Project Leader and the responsibilities will include:
• Pro-active engagement with LPA, stakeholders, including parish and community group meetings to promote success of planning applications (as appropriate)
• Consultation with legal section with regard to covenants, access and land purchase, including compulsory purchase
• Preparation of Reports to support Planning Applications and Screening opinions
• Review of environmental reports required in support of planning applications
• Preparation and submission of all types of planning applications including minor, major and prior approval (telemetry, agriculture)
• Preparation and submission of screening opinion reports
• Negotiation with Local Authorities to enable least cost designs to be approved
• Engagement with other business units to enable a collaborative approach to consultations including Government papers.
Town & Country Planner (Anglian Water)
• Be degree qualified in an appropriate and relevant discipline or non-degree holders should have a demonstrable record of success with extensive experience in similar roles
• Possess an aptitude for listening to, and negotiating with, a diverse range of people
• Have strong report writing, communication and organisational skills for liaising with colleagues, developers, architects and possibly members of the public
• Previous experience within a construction environment
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):