Stantec Technical Discipline Leader – Ground Engineering in Flexible, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for the right professional to take over the leadership of our Ground Engineering discipline, which encompasses our Geotechnical Engineering and Land quality/remediation teams. This is not a full-time role as, outside of the above duties Technical Discipline Leads (TDL) spend a portion of their time supporting projects and bids.
The TDL role will allow personal and professional development in functional leadership and a chance to shape our Ground Engineering resources and capabilities to meet the challenges of the future.
The TDL will report directly to the EA Design Head of Engineering and will be accountable for:
• Communication and implementation of leadership strategies throughout the technical discipline
• Developing discipline capability to meet the needs of our business and our clients
• Working with the Resource Managers to identify and resolve recruitment and resourcing needs
• Professional discipline standards, including legal and professional obligations
• Identification and support of professional and career development needs
• Discipline specific workflow, standards, tools and guides
The TDL will also liaise with our environmental services team to facilitate co-ordination in a number of fields including resourcing and business development.
The TDL will manage and be supported by Regional Discipline Leads, to cover the geographical dispersion of Ground Engineering resources across EA Design and will liaise with allied discipline TDLs to ensure cross discipline collaboration, particularly recognising that many staff have capabilities and aspirations beyond a single discipline.
The TDL will work with the relevant Market Sector Leads to provide discipline support of the strategic development of Stantec service offerings and alongside the Technical Directors and Specialists to ensure that Stantec has excellent technical skills and expertise, supported with strong processes, procedures and design tools, now and in the future.
Technical Discipline Leader – Ground Engineering
To be successful in this role you should:
• be a Chartered Civil Engineer or Chartered Geologist or equivalent with significant experience in Ground Engineering
• be passionate about the professional Ground Engineering discipline and maintain industry recognised standards and best practice.
• have leadership ability and aptitude for the professional development of staff
• understand the evolving nature of engineering design and services, including:
o outcomes-based engineering solutions
o GIS and BIM
o collaborative working and supply chain integration
• have excellent communication skills
• ensure appropriate Ground Engineering input to projects and bids across the water, environmental services, energy and resources, buildings and infrastructure in the UK and globally as appropriate
• apply robust Technical Governance to achieve effective Ground Risk Management
• promote integration with recent UK acquisition partners
The closing date for this role is 12:00 Friday 25th January 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Civil Engineering, Engineering Other, Management Other
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that designing a great career is as important as Designing with Communities in Mind .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):