Stantec Quantity Surveyors - All levels (South) in Flexible, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their commercial team with Quantity Surveyors (all levels). We operate in long terms frameworks with key clients in the south of England so we require people who are flexible on location. Within these roles you will be providing quantity surveying services to ensure that all contractual and financial entitlements are fulfilled within these frameworks.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Quantity surveying duties in respect of managing projects or a work package or packages.
• Liaise with design, construction and supply chain teams to capture, analyse and control cost.
• Report to the commercial lead when contractual notices and correspondence under the main contract and sub-contracts are identified as necessary.
• Manage early warnings and change control.
• Prepare and manage sub-contractor accounts including enquiries, orders, payments, sub-contract administration and accounts in accordance with the contract and procedures.
• Ensure appropriate commercial records are maintained.
• The preparation of project cost and value reports, budgets and forecasts.
• Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment.
• Be proactive in self-development and professional qualification.
• Carry out sub-contractor performance reviews on allocated sub-contractors
Quantity Surveyors - All levels (South)
• Working towards or have chartered membership of a recognised institution
• Degree or equivalent
• NEC3 or other target cost contract experience
• Previous water treatment experience
• Preferably from a main contracting background
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):