Stantec Health and Safety Manager (Anglian Water) in Flexible, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with a Health and Safety Manager for our @one Alliance framework. Based within the Anglian water region you will be accountable for developing and facilitating the maintenance and implementation of the health, safety and well-Being strategy and plan.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
You will report directly to the Head of SHEQ and the responsibilities will include:
• Develop detailed action plan, with timescales, to implement the Strategy across the programme area
• Be accountable to ensure all required H&S data is collected, collated, reported, analysed and acted upon in a timely manner
• Manage & review programme area performance, H&S data and other 'leading indicators', KPIs and metrics
• Develop reactive and proactive action plans in response to above and prepare reports as required
• Provide a regular tactical review of all H&S action plans, data to ensure continual improvements and change accordingly
• Communicate and investigate all incidents, reports, learning and resultant actions in a timely manner to all stakeholders
• Coordinate, plan, track and implement tool box talks, site briefings, awareness campaigns and other communication initiates across programme areas
• Drive continuous improvement in H&S standards and performance and in all matters relating to care of individuals and safe operating procedure.
Health and Safety Manager (Anglian Water)
• Previous SHEW related experience within construction
• On site construction experience
• Previous experience of construction site audits
• Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations
• NEBOSH construction certificate or IEMA associate qualification or equivalent NVQ
• Affiliate member IOSH or affiliate member IEMA or equivalent
• Relevant CSCS card
• Preferably worked for a main/principal contractor
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):