Stantec Commissioning Engineer (Thames Water) in Flexible, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their site commissioning team with a Commissioning Engineer for our SMB joint venture framework. Working within the Thames water region you will be expected to deliver commissioning activities for nominated projects in the appointed regions.
SMB, the joint venture between Stantec Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Commissioning Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Carry out day to day management, coordination and delivery of on-site commissioning activities and off-site commissioning planning activities
• Produce regular project reports and commissioning completion reports on nominated projects.
• Ensure commissioning is carried out safely in accordance with regulations and procedures.
• Ensure all necessary commissioning documentation is produced in a timely manner and co-operate with technical documentation teams to ensure timely delivery of O&M manuals.
• Ensure the effective integration of assets into the existing works without detriment and risk to service level agreements
• Manage and complete off-site testing and pre-commissioning activities by suppliers or others
• Drive efficiencies and operate tight change control procedures on nominated projects.
• To provide cost effective system commissioning and ICA engineering
Commissioning Engineer (Thames Water)
• Previous experience within water treatment (Non Infrastructure)
• Relevant CSCS card
• Relevant qualifications (ONC/HNC/equivalent – electrical, mechanical or ICA) or extensive proven experience
• Commissioning in a contracting environment
• Working within a certified quality management system.
• First Aid
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):