Stantec Traffic and Network Controls Engineer - Dunedin in Dunedin, New Zealand
Coastal Otago Network Outcome Contract (CONOC)
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
We currently have a vacancy for a Network Controls Engineer, based in Dunedin as part of the “Highway Highlanders” team delivering the Coastal Otago Network Outcome Contract. The team is responsible for the delivery of network management and maintenance activities across the Waka Kotahi’s Transport Agency’s Coastal Otago State Highway network. This is a senior and diverse role which has the following key accountabilities:
• Proactive, engaged and contributing member of the co-located “Highways Highlanders ” team servicing the Waka Kotahi’s Transport Agency’s customers on the Coastal Otago State Highway Network.
• Responsible for the delivery of traffic and network managements activities including network controls, asset management, traffic engineering, safety engineering, planning assessments, environmental monitoring and stakeholder liaison.
• Representative of Stantec’s local network management team working within the “Highways Highlanders” wider team under the direction of the CONOC Contract Management Team.
• Lead and ensure that network management activities are carried out in accordance with contractual KRA/KPI’s.
The role offers the diversity of office and site based work, combined with the opportunity to work in the New Zealand network management delivery model alongside talented and committed individuals within a collaborative contract environment (Client/Contractor/Consultant).
Traffic and Network Controls Engineer - Dunedin
To be successful in this role, you'll require a minimum NZCE, BEng Tech. or Diploma in Civil Engineering, with over 5 years' roading consultancy or contracting experience in the transportation sector, particularly in the area of network management, design and construction.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Applications close on Monday 26 April 2021.
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online at www.stantec.co.nz/careers.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.