Stantec Senior Mechanical Engineer (Dunedin) in Dunedin, New Zealand
Your opportunity to join Stantec’s winning team
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Your opportunity to Strengthen and Grow Stantec’s Mechanical Discipline
• We are looking for a driven individual to strengthen and grow our Mechanical Discipline, both national and international, working on a variety of projects in the water business.
• This is an exciting opportunity for a professional engineer with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects and working collaboratively with our clients and colleagues across NZ and around the world.
• You will join a team that works on Water infrastructure projects covering 3 waters, Dams and Hydropower projects not only locally, but across New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific region.
• You will work alongside our Senior leaders and Principal Engineers to support and grow the business whilst ensuring your own development is second to none.
What you need to bring
• Experience in mechanical design of water, wastewater and industrial treatment processes.
• Experience in design and multidisciplinary co-ordination of water and wastewater pump stations.
• Self starter, proactive, motivated person who can grab projects and work with the wider team to deliver.
• Keen eye for detail and a focus on quality outcomes.
• Grow the next generation of engineers by mentoring and guiding on projects.
• Focus on digital delivery with 3D Design Tools like Revit etc.
• You will be a people person, with exceptional communication skills.
• The ability to supervise and mentor junior staff in your field of expertise.
• Lead the delivery of projects, liaise with clients and other stakeholders when necessary.
• Work with team to deliver proposals and win work.
• You will be able to work with remote teams to deliver projects to local clients.
Key requirements are a BE Mechanical or equivalent, with significant relevant professional experience in the consulting or engineering industry.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, part-time and job sharing
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss in more detail contact Glen Tarrant on 04 381 6729 or 027 4430 184 or apply directly online.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Dunedin)
BE Mechanical or equivalent, with significant relevant professional experience in the consulting or engineering industry.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!