Stantec Project Delivery Lead (Transportation) - Dunedin in Dunedin, New Zealand
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
As our current valued Project Delivery Lead in Dunedin is taking up a new opportunity, we are seeking a strong candidate to jump into that space and lead our diverse projects across Dunedin City Council, Waka Kotahi and Otago Regional Council. In addition to strong project leadership skills, the role also offers opportunity for business development and growth across the broader lower South Island.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• A focus on building long term relationships and developing new opportunities for Stantec with a variety of clients based in Otago, Clutha and Southland
• In conjunction with the team leads, ensure that the team has appropriate skills and experience for current and future projects
• Assist with workload forecasting and resource planning
• Liaise regularly with project managers and project technical leads to provide updates to our clients, highlighting any known delivery risks to projects and the overall programme
• Work with the National Framework Specialist to gain collaboration with other sectors and geographies around innovative or value for money opportunities that could assist the Dunedin team
• As a lead project manager or design manager capacity ensure that project outcomes meet or exceed the client’s expectations
• Provide technical and professional leadership or mentoring to intermediates and graduate design engineers and project managers.
Project Delivery Lead (Transportation) - Dunedin
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Expert skills in transportation investigation, design and construction management.
• Demonstrated ability to build ongoing client relationships and develop new business opportunities.
• To understand the different phases of projects and be able to make informed quality business decisions.
• To be a good role model for the team and motivate employees to perform to high standards.
• To be a chartered member of Engineering NZ.
• Over 10 years' experience in civil engineering predominantly gained in the transport sector, including managing design projects.
What we offer
The opportunity to work in Dunedin where you can forget about rush hour traffic, the weekends are relaxing and property is still affordable. Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing:
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
For further information or a job description, please contact Margaret McMeel on +64 9 580 4502 or +64 27 544 2930
Stantec unites about 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. Therefore it is no wonder we have got community on our mind because we are a part of it. When we take on a water, transport or infrastructure project we see more than a resource. We see an opportunity to make lasting connections with the people and places where we live and work. So when you join us, you become part of the team with a nearly 200-year history in providing solutions that begin at the intersection of community, creativity and client relationships.