Stantec Senior Interior Designer (Healthcare) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Lead the delivery of interior design package on multiple projects – with hands-on involvement in generating interior design concepts and carrying through with all stages of design up to construction documents; providing design/technical support to construction supervision teams.
• Ensure that the interior design of projects progresses in alignment with the project objectives and meets or exceed the time, cost and quality expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
• Assisting in business development endeavors including preparation of technical presentations, concepts and other deliverables related to interior design scope for proposals and competitions; prepare resource schedules/workplans for interior team to establish project budgets; attending client interviews when required
• Represent Stantec as a thought leader at various local and regional industry events related to interior design.
• Guide a team of interior designers and technicians to prepare & develop drawings, specifications, models, images, material & mood boards and other technical documents relating to the interior design of building projects.
• With the help of the interior design team, lead the development and maintenance of library of interior design/details, materials, finishes etc. and other templates/benchmarks/references that are needed for efficient delivery of interior design projects.
• Develop and implement strategies for leaner workflows in interior design and delivery of projects.
• Keep abreast of the latest local and international design trends, technologies and materials in interior design through research.
• Develop presentation packages for interior design of various building typologies that can be used for marketing / client presentations.
• Liaise, where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organizations or companies.
• Seek continuing professional development & mentor junior members of the team
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
Senior Interior Designer (Healthcare)
• Excellent written, graphic and verbal communication skills to be able to independently prepare technical material and present at industry events and client interviews, prepare design reports and technical narratives
• Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team, interacting with internal and external stakeholders
• Knowledge and expertise in application of special aesthetic and technical requirements for healthcare interior design
• Knowledge and expertise in application of local and international codes, standards and best practices in interior design and detailing – including the requirements for infection control, acoustics, accessibility, fire & life safety and environmental sustainability
• Able to formulate design ideas and concepts and present for discussion
• Able to translate design concepts into practical and buildable details
• Strong sense of aesthetics and proportions in design and detailing including selection of color schemes, materials, finishes and textures, selection of FF&E and accessories
• Able to adjust design schemes, detailing and material selection to align with the budget expectations of the project
• Able to coordinate, integrate and align interior design schemes with other design disciplines
• Able to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
• Able to work well under pressure, prioritize tasks and organize the interior design team to meet deadlines efficiently
• Able to mentor and manage a team ensuring harmonious relationships, continuous development of team skills and quality control
• Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
• Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget
• Able to use some or all of the following:
o Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign
o MS Office suite
o Autodesk Revit
o Autodesk AutoCad
o 3D modelling & rendering software like Sketchup, 3DS Max, Rhino, V-ray, Lumion etc.
• Accreditation/certification for sustainable design – LEED, Estidama, GSAS etc.
• Other industry relevant certifications / specializations
•Ability to work in a team / multidisciplinary environment;
•Strong verbal, written & graphic communication skills;
•Good computer skills (AutoCAD, Revit, MS Excel and other graphic programs);
•Experience in urban design, sustainable design and landscape/site planning & design
•Self-motivated, creative and able to work under minimum level of supervision within a heavy workload environment. Have sense of defining technical problems, collect appropriate and related data to establish solutions / results
•The ability to acknowledge a crisis and take timely corrective action
•Ability to make mid-project corrections as business conditions change
•High level of computer literacy
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at MWH, now part of Stantec, we design with community in mind. Nowuniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
For additional information on the Stantec transition, visit: http://www.stantec.com/content/stantec/en/about-us/news/2016/stantec-completes-acquisition-of-mwh-global.html
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
MWH, now part of Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates