Stantec Senior Architect (DM Registered) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is seeking a talented and motivated design professional to advance our architectural practice. The role of Senior Architect will involve being the lead designer across a wide range of project types in support of our current, high profile client base.
Please only apply if you are a registered architect with Dubai Municipality.
• Provide design leadership within our emerging commercial architectural practice. Given our high-profile client base regionally, design talent and ability to communicate and generate strong design ideas is a key component of this role.
• Guide the growth of the architectural practice, focused around design excellence, collaborate and foster a strong design culture within the Abu Dhabi practice.
• Provide conceptual architectural design to the current range of master planning projects as well as take a leading role in vertical architecture work. Develop a portfolio of commercial architectural projects, providing design leadership while ensuring the quality of information reflects the requirements of Stantec’s standard policies and procedures.
• Manage the design process from inception through concept, schematic design, detail design to ensure quality and client satisfaction.
• Coordinating with design leadership across offices to ensure best practice is achieved and the highest quality outcomes are delivered to clients.
• Coordinating across offices for resource support and management where required
• Support the local Business Center Lead and Sector Leaders, with a specific focus on assisting growth in the commercial sector.
• Helping develop and maintain a network of client relationships, maintaining a pipeline of project opportunities, strategizing on project pursuits and effective project delivery.
Senior Architect (DM Registered)
• 10+ years’ experience including work in the MENA region
• Good solid multi-sector design portfolio, having seen projects from concept through to completion, including on-site experience.
• Strong concept design and presentation capabilities, supported by proficiency in all relevant software (AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, Powerpoint, InDesign etc).
• The ability to work across a range of scales, from master planning to site-specific design
• Good knowledge of Revit and BIM environment though not necessarily highly proficient.
• Excellent knowledge of local design requirements and code (e.g. typical local municipality requirements of Dubai and Abu Dhabi, LEED or Estidama requirements etc).
• Proven history of successfully liaising and presenting to clients, ideally inc. high profile regional developers.
• Strong grasp of English language, both verbally and in written form.
• Registered with DM
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Architecture
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates