Stantec is currently seeking an HSE Officer in Dubai:
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Technical Delivery:
• Responsible for EHS Implementation & ensure compliance by all parties with COMPANY’s / Client HSE requirements, and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including all laws, rules and regulations (as amended from time to time) of the government of Bahrain
• To ensure compliance with the company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by COMPANY from time to time.
• Monitoring contractor’s HSE site activities and ensuring compliance to safe work practices as per the UAE local regulations and project HSE plans and specifications.
• To manage in a manner that achieves quality installations meeting performance parameters set out in the statement of requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by the company.
• To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
• Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
• Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
• Develop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
• Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks.
• Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
• Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
• Implement improvement & prohibition notice to contractors set up recommendation & corrective action with the close out date follow up the same.
• Managing projects, formulating & finalizing the publication of technical reports.
• Provide advice, information and training for the project management team across all aspects of the health, safety and environmental management system to ensure the highest result
• Ensures all aspects of emergency preparedness and resources are in place and appropriate for the identified risks and simulated/ checked for effectiveness through emergency exercises and drills.
• Conduct internal audits as required by the project / client and recommending remedial action in line with clients requirements.
• Giving presentations to client & higher management for contractor performance.
• Establish formal reporting arrangements on the project progress for the client.
• Recommend corrective actions through pro-active job supervision by regular visits to the operational site activities and generate inspection reports.
• Assisting HSE Engineer/officer for timely incident Investigating and reporting as per the client procedures
• Ensure the maintenance and repair of machinery, plant and equipment, scaffolding erection/dismantling is carried out as appropriate, by a contractor’s competent person. Ensure that testing, inspection and maintenance of lifting & electrical equipment as required.
- Collaboration and working as part of a team:
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
- Client Service Management:
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with MWH Core Values and in accordance with the MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the HSE Lead.
• Degree or Diploma in Engineering or related subject, from a recognized University.
• Professional Accreditations; ISO, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
• ME Experience minimum of 5 years
• Must have experience in Water Infrastructure projects
• Excellent command English both written and spoken.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives.
• Strong team working capabilities. Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
• Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to COMPANY’s policies, procedures and working practices.
• A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work if required.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Health & Safety
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates