Stantec Financial Accountant in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently seeking a Financial Accountant to be based in Dubai, UAE.
As an Accountant, you will be working under the guidance of the Regional Finance Controller and will be involved in the following:
1) Preparation of monthly management accounts including journal entries (Deltek and Oracle)
2) Preparation of bank reconciliation.
3) Running of monthly reports (TB, income statement, monthly subsidiary ledgers)
4) Monthly WHT filing and payment for KSA and Qatar
5) Monthly VAT filing and payment for KSA
6) Intercompany invoicing
1) VAT filing and payment (UAE, RNL)
2) balance sheet reconciliation
1 Assisting in annual budgeting
1) point-of-contact - Deltek system variances
2) liaise with banking issues
3) deputize for other team members (payroll, timesheets, expenses, project queries)
4) assist in forecasting as needed
5) Obtaining approvals for intercompany invoices, KSA and Qatar invoices.
6) Fringe rate analysis as needed.
7) Checking of medical insurance invoices.
8) Ad Hoc reports and analysis
9) Working Knowledge of guarantee and LC issuances.
Degree in Business, Commerce or Accounting
CPA or ACCA qualification
Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting
Deltek Software experience is an advantage.
Strong Excel Skills.
Accounting Finance, Financial Other
The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail
Excellent computer skills, including experience of using packages like PowerPoint, Word and Excel
A customer-focused approach, possessing impressive communication skills and the capabilities to meet tight deadlines
The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives
Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis
A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters
Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to COMPANY’s policies, procedures and working practices
A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work required
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at MWH, now part of Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
For additional information on the Stantec transition, visit: http://www.stantec.com/content/stantec/en/about-us/news/2016/stantec-completes-acquisition-of-mwh-global.html
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
MWH, now part of Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates