Stantec Architectural Inspector in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Stantec is looking to hire an Architectural Inspector to ensure compliance of architectural works (primarily excluding FF&E and OS&E) to design requirements, specifications and project plan, in our Dubai operations.
Key responsibilities include:
• Inspecting site conditions prior to start of construction activities. Verifying the compatibility of the site with the designed permanent works. Checking for obstructions. Photograph and document the condition of existing property that might be damaged by the work. Making sure all existing structures, property, utilities and landscaping are properly protected.
• Reviewing materials delivered to site for conformance with approved samples, materials and equipment and report findings.
• Checking that materials delivered to site are properly stored and report discrepancies.
• Inspecting the construction of temporary and permanent works to ensure compliance with the Contract Documents and approved shop drawings and submittals.
• Preparing daily logs and reports. Maintain records of inspections made, tests performed, work executed, etc. Performing all work in accordance with the Contract Administration Procedures Manual.
• Observing site safety practices and the progress of the work. Reporting any concerns.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works. Helping prepare punch lists. Monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the works.
• Perform all other duties given by direct manager.
• Five (5) years experience in a similar or equivalent position and job description.
•Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Architecture or Architectural Engineering.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices is required.
• Computer proficiency.
Architecture, Construction, Electrical Engineering
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates