Stantec Senior Environmental Engineer - STW in Doha, Qatar, Qatar
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Environmental Engineer to support on the construction supervision of a Sewage Treatment Plant in Qatar:
• Reviewing and commenting on the Environment management plan proposed for the construction of the Project Assets and their compliance with and relevant standards.
• Report any issues, which may represent hazards to the completion of the works safely, on time, to budget and within environmental targets. Recommend strategies and plans to remove hazards, reduce its risk of occurrence or mitigate the associated impacts
• Review the Environmental Management Plan including the certification of the Environmental Management System and provide feedback to the Authority.
• Monitor and report any deviations from the Environmental Management Plan during the Construction period.
• Audit, review the safety and environmental protection measures provided by the Project Company and ensuring compliance with relevant standards.
• Manage and review multi-disciplinary project inputs critically access the application of design criteria, check plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness.
• Review, comment / recommend acceptance or otherwise of related contractors’ / and their consultant submissions.
• Performance of actual design duties and other related duties when directed.
Senior Environmental Engineer - STW
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited University with Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a professional career development records all as approved by the Engineer.
• Minimum of 15years experience, out of which 7 years as a design engineer dealing with, pump station and STW or similar works in coordination with stake holders, government agencies, organization, department etc.
• Previous experience in designing and reviewing similar, pump station and STW projects undertaken within the city and its Environmental impact.
• Knowledge of Qatar environmental legislation is preferable
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills
• Ability to use design software is compulsory.
• Computer skills are mandatory.
• Experience working in the Gulf region is required.
Construction, Environmental Engineer
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Qatar - Qatar, Qatar-Doha