Stantec Design Review Manager - STW in Doha, Qatar, Qatar
Stantec is currently seeking a Design Review Manager (STW) to support on the construction supervision of a Sewage Treatment Plant in Qatar:
• Manage and review multi engineering disciplines project inputs critically access the application of design criteria, check plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness for smooth construction on site with minimum disruption.
• Design of large Pump Stations and Sewerage Treatment Plants
• Review, verify, comment, monitor and recommend non-Objection for the design calculation, mass balance, process design calculation, hydraulic analysis and flow diagrams, P&ID, pumping calculations, piping calculation, MEICA design calculations, civil design calculations and manage the design review team and report to Authority
• Provide recommendation to the Engineer on the list of all deviations from the standards
• Review the design according to the local codes/standards (including but not limited to QSDDM, QHDM, QTM, WZTMG, QCS...etc.) and international codes where the local documents are not applicable.
• Coordinate with relevant agencies and stakeholders to expedite their feedback and obtain approvals.
• Link the design deliverables with construction sequence and prioritize the activities to meet the project dead line without abortive work.
• Work with planning and procurement teams of the project to make sure the project will be completed as committed.
• Get involved with the planning team in sequencing the activities and the project deliverables based on experience from previous projects to assess the project team in finalizing the project plan until completion.
• Aware about the end user requirements related to material approval requests, handing over process, maintenance and operation.
• Knowledge of the Qatari / GCC Standards and Specifications will be an added advantage. Knowledge of QCS 2014 in particular is preferred.
Design Review Manager - STW
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Chartered Engineer status from an accredited institution is required
• Minimum of 17 years experience out of which 10 years years as a Manager/Technical Lead in a design management capacity of similar works
• Additional Membership of an accredited, recognized Project Management Institution would be an advantage.
• Ability to coordinate, corporate and communicate with internal and external Statutory Bodies, department, government agencies, stakeholders in respect of acquiring necessary consents and approval on design and construction.
• Must have hand on experience in managing, reviewing and approving of design documents and construction experience on site supervising large multi-engineering disciplinary project and requirements encompassing drainage, sewerage, pump stations and sewage treatment works etc.
• Experience includes but not limited to design of large Pump Stations and Sewage Treatment Plants etc., and must have at least two years of current experience in similar projects in Middle East etc.
• Aware about the QDRS system and the related uploading documents to facilitate the required approvals.
• Understand the principle of project components and related details including STW, Pump Stations and MEICA Works.
• Have the technical experience to assess the construction impacts and feasibility and implement in the original design.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills
• Ability to use design software is compulsory
• Computer skills are mandatory
• Experience working in Qatar is preferred
Business Support, Civil Engineering
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html