Stantec Roads GIS Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Doha, Qatar
Co-ordinate and ensure data held on GIS is accurate, up to date and available to RMD and MoTC so users can improve their understanding of the operation, performance and condition of its networks and associated assets and allow targeted investment and operational interventions.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
• Adhere to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures in the workplace and comply with any new work instructions
• Analyse Ashghal’s policy and strategic requirements
• Review with the Assets Affairs GIS users existing Roads GIS documents (e.g. standards, strategies and business processes)
• Recommend and prioritise updates to the documents and where agreed update these documents
• Identify technological opportunities for improvement and including how Web Mapping shall be used as a visual instrument.
• Produce a summary document on the existing GIS documents, with a specific focus on handover, which will include the identification of opportunities for improvement (including alignment / merging with drainage) and a proposed programme of updates
• Deliver updated documents to that programme
Roads GIS Subject Matter Expert (SME)
• Degree in relevant subject
• Member of a relevant professional body
Asset Management, Civil Engineering, Consulting, GIS
Knowledge & Experience
• Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in the Highways sector including minimum 7 years’ experience in GIS
• Proven knowledge of roads asset base with a good understanding of the component elements.
• Demonstrate Cartographic skills
• In depth knowledge of web-based GIS solutions, primarily ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS using Microsoft C#.Net, Python or VBA and Web Mapping
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
• Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the organisation
• Computer literate using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as a minimum
• Display proactivity, resilience and drive to achieve the delivery of required outputs
• Experience of auditing against existing procedures
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic would be an advantage
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at MWH, now part of Stantec, we design with community in mind. Nowuniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
For additional information on the Stantec transition, visit: http://www.stantec.com/content/stantec/en/about-us/news/2016/stantec-completes-acquisition-of-mwh-global.html
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
MWH, now part of Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):