Stantec Project Manager – Architect in Doha, Qatar
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec's Doha, Qatar office is looking for a Senior Project Manager, a registered professional with a minimum of 15 years’ experience.
The Senior Project Manager is a licensed professional with responsibility for project performance in terms of profit, quality, and client satisfaction. The role primarily involves management of the internal team and external consultants while working with the principal in charge in interfacing with the client. The Senior Project Manager may be called upon to manage one or more projects of various complexity and scope. They are expected to have a rich and diverse set of experience and knowledge.
This is a leadership role that requires oversight, guidance and mentoring of others to include:
• Oversee preparation of documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details, models, and renderings
• Oversee selection of building systems and associated documentation
• Conduct field observation acting as an agent of the client and report progress of construction to the client
• Manage and tracking of change orders, pay apps and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule
• Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors
• Determine staffing needs and recommend personnel
• Motivate project teams
Project Manager – Architect
• Degree in Architecture
• Relevant and recognized tertiary and post-graduate qualification + area of expertise relevant to the business.
• A guideline of 15+ years’ experience of a wide range of relevant projects in a multi-discipline office, including 5+ years’ experience of leading multi-discipline projects / project teams.
• Financial and Programming skills (eg. budgeting, cashflow, monitoring, scheduling, resource allocations etc.)
• A chartered member of a relevant professional association (e.g. AIA, RIBA etc) for 5+ years in good standing.
•Is future oriented and able to look at the big picture over 3-5-year horizon.
•Achievement and results oriented to meet client expectations, budgets, and deadlines.
• An understanding of marketing, business development and networking.
• Substantial knowledge of tools, documentation, processes and procedures relevant to your discipline.
• Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
• Ability to oversee development of building documentation in modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
•Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong understanding of project financials
•Enthusiastic, highly motivated, organized, professional and able to communicate effectively – verbal, written and graphically.
• Highly skilled in staff management & client relationship management skills.
• Effective Project Management skills + effective leadership skills including coaching, supporting and delegation.
• UPDA Grade A is an absolute requirement for this role.
Consulting, Project Management
• Creates and executes project execution plans, including work plans, resource plans, risk management plans, etc.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
• Prepares monthly executive reports for Managing leaders
• Assumes responsibilities (in partnership with the assigned principal) for technical and design excellence
• Ensures project documents, including contracts and additional service requests are approved, and filed in accordance with Stantec processes and procedures.
• Updates project financials on a regular basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) using Stantec’s proprietary tools
• Manages project budget and schedule including tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses
• Determines appropriate revenue/gross margin recognition and analyzes bill rates and utilization targets for project teams
• Ensures timely and accurate invoicing and monitors receivables and collection of invoices
• Facilitates and holds regular team and client meetings
• Keeps project team well informed of changes and updates
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to the Managing
Leader and Project Principal
• Delivers engaging, formative, well-organized presentations both verbally and in writing
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information
• Mentors and inspires project team members
• Manages team development by aligning project tasks e with capabilities and career interests
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
• Remains engaged and knowledgeable regarding emerging industry practices
• Complies with and helps to enforce Stantec policies and procedures
• Actively supports Stantec’s Safer Together and Safety programs and is required to complete all Health and Safety documentation
• Effectively utilizes each team members to his/her fullest potential
• Motivates team to work together efficiently
• Mitigates team conflict and communication challenges
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates team members and their contributions
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members, peers, and clients
• Plans and facilitates team activities that promote Stantec’s Safer Together Program
• Possesses general understanding of core and shell and interiors design and construction
• Possesses understanding of Stantec capabilities
• Regularly seeks continuing education opportunities to increase knowledge base
• Manages day-to-day client interaction, evaluates and manages client expectations
• Seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and develops lasting relationships with clients
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluates alternative solutions, and delivers value added services
• Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization, and objectives
• Identifies business development and additional service opportunities for all Stantec disciplines as they relate to a specific project, program, or client Engages in proposal efforts, including completing project scoping and pricing
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at MWH, now part of Stantec, we design with community in mind. Nowuniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
For additional information on the Stantec transition, visit: http://www.stantec.com/content/stantec/en/about-us/news/2016/stantec-completes-acquisition-of-mwh-global.html
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
MWH, now part of Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):