Stantec Procurement and Contract Specialist in Doha, Qatar
MWH, now part of Stantec, is looking to hire a Procurement and Contract Management Specialist for their Doha operations. Our Drainage & Asset Management Services, through its ongoing effort to deliver Ashghal's Strategic objectives, has centralized its Procurement and Contract Management activities with Assets Affairs' Roads Maintenance Department.
This role contributes to the establishment of an effective Procurement and Contract Management, and other Support Services functions, across Assets Affairs as detailed in the Roads Maintenance Department (RMD) Supply Chain & Procurement Strategy 2017.
The work activities include:
A – Supply chain and outsourcing enhancements where examples of support to be provided include:
• Develop the strategy for, and set up, the ITS and Tunnels Framework Contracts
• Guide Mentor and Manage RMD’s Procurement and Contract Management Teams in the management of Framework Contracts including Tender issuance, Clarifications, Technical and Financial evaluations and award
• Develop and implement processes and systems for the efficient contract management for the Framework Contracts
• Assist in mobilising contractors that have been awarded a Framework or Work Order Contract
• Guide RMD’s Procurement and Contract Management Team in effective invoicing processes and procedures
• Manage the Compilation of Framework and Work Order Contracts
• Support the setup of PCM Team including recruitment, induction and ongoing mentoring
• Perform periodic performance appraisals for the Procurement and Contract Management Team members on professional procurement and contract management
• Upon Ashghal’s roll out of E-Tendering, train and support RMD PCM team in the automated E-Tender cycle starting from tender request, tender preparation, planning and publishing, proposal submission and evaluation, managing tender committee meetings, tender award and Contract generation
• Develop market rates database for RMD to capture current market rates and utilise to drive competitive pricing (including outside of Framework Contracts)
• Support improvements to Fleet, Materials and Facilities management policies and procedures as relevant to align to RMD’s new supply chain and corporate strategies
Procurement and Contract Specialist
Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years experience in a similar field.
Engineering Degree and background preferred.
Management Consulting experience is a plus.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):