Stantec Contract Close Out Project Coordinator in Doha, Qatar
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose.
If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec Qatar is looking to hire a Contract Close Out Project Coordinator.
The Contract Close out Project Coordinator will advise, instruct and support the area engineers/contactors to commence the process of the close out which includes but not limited to, preparation of the final BOQ, Completion Certificate, Maintenance Certificate, DCU Clearance, Contract Settlement, Variations, Claims ….etc. Assist in the close out of contracts across Assets Affairs (DNOM & ROM) and maintain performance improvement to secure KPI scores identified by Management. The Contract Close out Project Coordinators will Work Closely with the Contracts Manager and the PCM team to expedite the closing or many ongoing and expired contracts to meet the targets KPI.
The Close out Project Coordinator shall:
• Identify at the end of each contract if contract settlement (CS) or Final VO is required.
• Coordinate with the concerned project coordinator or area engineer to reach an agreement with contractor/supplier on the final BOQ and submit to PCM if CS or Final VO is applicable.
• Liaise with Asset Management to obtain the necessary approvals to initiate the Final VO.
• Liaise with the project coordinator or area engineer to submit all required documents for the DCU Clearance in the ESD online system as soon as the project is completed.
• Coordinate with the project coordinator/contractor to address all ESD comments and clarifications.
• Assist the project coordinator in preparing and obtaining approvals to issue completion and maintenance certificates.
• Coordinate with the project coordinator/contractor to obtain any applicable external clearances, such as Municipality Clearance.
• Prepare the monthly Close out report and follow up with assigned project coordinators for any updates.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly compliance report to minimize risks.
Contract Close Out Project Coordinator
• Degree or higher-level qualification in Engineering, (e.g. BSc, BEng, MSc) or Equivalent
• Preferred Quantity Surveying Certified
• PMP Certification would be an advantage
• Minimum 10 years in Pre and Post Contracts Management experience
• Minimum of 5 years as a Quantity Surveyor
• Experience in assessing and reviewing variations (Cost & Time) and prepare submissions
• Experienced in the reviewing Final BoQ, Final Account, Contracts Settlements, Variations, Claims and Prepare Reports
• Strong experience in mentoring Departments / delivery teams to achieve time, cost and quality objectives
• Experience in Contract Management and negotiations – between Clients, Contractors and Legal Advisors when required
• Excellent in problem solving, maturity, empowerment and communication skills
• Strong organisational, presentation, and customer service skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong Stakeholder management skills ideally including work within the Middle East
•This will be a 12 to 24-month contract
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!