Stantec Office Engineer in Denver, Colorado
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking an Office Engineer to support a large wastewater treatment plant project in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Perform ongoing Quality Inspections to ensure the Subcontractor is using approved material and installing per design.
• Coordinate with project managers, project engineers, clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors.
• Interpret design/drawings for contractors that are installing the work.
• Research and recommend resolution to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
• Review contractor submittals, RFI’s, and pay applications for conformance and accuracy.
• Manage the submittal and RFI process electronically.
• Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing working items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
• May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions including implementations and operation of maintenance program.
• Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
• Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
• May provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field. Equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
• Minimum of 2 years of related field experience.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
• Ability to perform trigonometric calculations, either manually or with calculator.
• Ability to assume responsibility, and interfaces and communicates effectively with others.
• Familiarity with Project Management data base systems such as Primavera Contract Manager, Expedition, SharePoint, etc.
Civil Engineering, Construction
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods.
Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
Join a team that’s advancing the growth in communities where we live and work. We are integrated program managers, engineers and construction experts with proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
The Stantec Construction group consists of MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):