Stantec Material Control / Logistics Manager - construction in Dallas, Texas
MWH Constructors is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking a Material Control/Logistics Manager to support a large wastewater infrastructure project in Dallas, TX.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Responsible for managing the project specific onsite logistics plan for material receipt, storage and distribution.
• Responsible for coordinating and receiving onsite material deliveries, staging and/or stocking and fulfillment of materials delivered.
• Arranging security clearance onto the site for deliveries, as required.
• In consonance with the Quality Assurance Manager, report & manage delivery defects, overages, and non-conformances and verify that static preventative maintenance measures are in place and operational (e.g. motor heaters, temporary covers, environmental controls, etc.)
• Monitor onsite consumption of materials, report re-order points and initiate new orders though the proper channels, if necessary.
• Manage onsite inventory and distribution and issuance of stored plant equipment, materials, tools, consumables, etc.
• Document and issue weekly reports on material status.
• Works in conjunction with other site management staff to understand and help manage project specific material delivery schedules.
• Responsible to verify schedule adherence of suppliers with Procurement to ensure accuracy of material deliveries.
• Develop, execute and manage a storage logistic process and plan for both indoor and outdoor stored equipment and materials.
• Manage warehouse personnel and equipment to offload and store materials as required.
Material Control / Logistics Manager - construction
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar materials management/logistics role.
• Familiar with heavy industrial construction concepts, practices and procedures.
• Experience with Project closeout and punchlist management
• Ability to communicate effectively with field and office teams in a timely fashion.
• Comfortable with technology including database and spreadsheet software input and output.
• Understanding and ability to quickly learn and adapt.
Construction, Contracts Procurement, Field Work
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):